Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Since we are talking politics, do you have to "like" a candidate?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I love that you are talking politics here! It's one of my favorite subjects after my kids.

Here on CafeMom I've seen so many moms saying that they don't like a particular candidate but they are voting for him anyway, they are sticking with their party.

Is that a good reason to vote for a candidate? Should you like your candidate in order to vote for them?

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TKsMommie
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so tired of parties my head could explode.  I think you should vote for whichever canidate best meets your views and the direction you are looking for, regardless of party.  The party system is why it doesn't matter who gets elected nothing will change, because no one wants to compromise or work outside of their party.  Its ridiculous.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I don't vote based on a particular party.  I vote for the person that I feel will do the best job for our country.  

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

This

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't vote based on a particular party.  I vote for the person that I feel will do the best job for our country.  

Mama to five beautiful girls-
Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(7), Priya(4)&Kahlan(23mo) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

jesse123456
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I vote on how a person voices his/her plans on tackling issues that are important to the people (not special interest, but large social issues), how (s)he will use the military to protect us, and how (s)he views the governments place in my life. I don't have to agree with everything. I don't think that is even possible. I also don't think that the 'one issue' voters are doing the country a service. There has to be more than just one issue that is important to someone. 

EastCoastMom78
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Mitt Romney has my vote!!

riverofgrass
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM
"liking" someone personally has nothing to do with if they are or will be good at Thier job
Being in alignment with what someone stands for as a candidate does matter, I can be in alignment with my bosses views on what to do with a project at work and not like my boss and still support my boss

Out come is what matters....
kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Quoting 4kidz916:

Exactly!!!

Gealach
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quoting TKsMommie:

I'm so tired of parties my head could explode.  I think you should vote for whichever canidate best meets your views and the direction you are looking for, regardless of party.  The party system is why it doesn't matter who gets elected nothing will change, because no one wants to compromise or work outside of their party.  Its ridiculous.

I agree

I am tired of the pissing contests.

gealach[gee - AH - lack]

Noun, Gaelic:
Moon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)