Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Advice

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am in need of some major advice, I am a single mom living with a major depressive disorder and it gets so bad some times that I don't want anything to do with my son and I know that I can't be that way toward him because i'm all that he has. I'm just wondering if there are ways I can deal with my depression without takeing medication. I'm going to a psycologist and he's put me on three different types of medication and so far nothing has helped me. I'm just wondering if i'm the only person that is going through this or if there are other moms that are going through the same thing that I am and how have yall handled it?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kellynh
by Kelly on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM
No... Meds can take several months to find the right combination. However... Disassociation from your son will be felt by him... All the time... This can create a disassociative disorder in him as he is growing... Then add in that chemical imbalances run in families and could also be an issue with him down the road. Keep trying the meds until you find what works for you. There are also many herbal remedies yptat can work... But must be made by a qualified herbalist. Good Luck... I was on meds for 12 years... Now 3 yrs off.
NatalieMH
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this! Do you have family and friends that can help you? Good friends are so important!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you have this.  I really don't have much experience in that category but I would give it a little time for the meds to work.  It might be a good idea to have family help out with your son until you are a little better. 

jonathansmama06
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

They put me on new medication and i'm hopeing this helps but as far as my family I don't really have anyone because they are all about my sister and helping her with her kids just because her husband is deployed. I've tried talking to them but it don't seem to be doing any good. My boyfriend has been very supportive of me while i'm going through this so that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)