Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The clear choice between Romney and President Obama on education

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

Whether it's education funding or school improvement, there are clear differences between the President's policies and Romney's proposals.  Find out how President Obama's policies help the middle class afford education and much more:

http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team/entry/from-kindergarten-to-college-the-clear-choice-between-romney-and-president/

Which candidate has a better plan to expand access to education?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama's plans for education are better.

There are some things that shouldn't be cut and education is one of them!

mom_to_travis
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for sharing!  I agree that the choice is very clear.  romney/ryan does not value education.  Apparently it's one of their favorite areas to cut funding and oppose reform and aid.  President Obama clearly has the best education plan and really puts his words into action, as opposed to romney/ryan who SAY they value education and then illustrate that by slashing funding and opposing reform, all while telling people they should just borrow the money from their parents or work three jobs.  The opportunity to get a quality education should not be limited to the very wealthy.

rebeccap128
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I am a former teacher and my husband is still in education and we have seen first hand how damaging Bush's education policies have been in schools. Obama and Sec. Duncan are still cleaning up the NCLB mess. Romney and Ryan clearly don't see education for all as a right. School choice is damaging to public schools, cutting off student loans will keep bright deserving students out of college~Here is a link from Education Week with some more information

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campaign-k-12/2012/08/gop_unveils_2012_education_pla.html
jbyrd898
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:27 AM

It would be a sad day if education funding is cut as suggested by Romney/Ryan.

mom_to_travis
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I agree.

Quoting jbyrd898:

mom_to_travis
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for the link.  Here it is, clickable:

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campaign-k-12/2012/08/gop_unveils_2012_education_pla.html

Quoting rebeccap128:

I am a former teacher and my husband is still in education and we have seen first hand how damaging Bush's education policies have been in schools. Obama and Sec. Duncan are still cleaning up the NCLB mess. Romney and Ryan clearly don't see education for all as a right. School choice is damaging to public schools, cutting off student loans will keep bright deserving students out of college~Here is a link from Education Week with some more information

NatalieMH
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM
This.

Quoting jbyrd898:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I know, what good would it do?!

Quoting jbyrd898:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I agree, I think we need more for schools and less tax breaks for corporations. At one time in this country giving tax cuts to  corporations worked, now they are too greedy! We are all suffering because of it. (Well except the 1%)

Quoting NatalieMH:

This.

Quoting jbyrd898:

SpiritedWitch
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Education is VITAL and should be the very LAST place cuts are made, not the first. Romney obviously doesn't want the American public to be educated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)