Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Post-debate, Romney Accused of Flip-flopping: What's Your Take on Last Night's Presidential Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post

The first debate is over and voters have finally gotten a chance to see the two candidates go head-to-head on domestic issues. Debate moderator Jim Lehrer urged President Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney to specify their differences on the issues in their answers in order to highlight what Americans can expect from each candidate as president that would be different from their opponent.

Political pundits are weighing in today on each candidate's performance and the vast majority believe that Romney, who seemed much more invigorated than Obama last night, has won this first debate. While Romney sits back and soaks up the praise, the Obama campaign has been quick to point out that the Romney America saw behind that podium last night was not the candidate that has been on the campaign trail for the past few months.

"Ultimately, presidential races, unlike any other race, get down to character. They get down to the character of the man or woman and the character of their convictions: Do they mean what they say and will they do what they say," Vice President Joe Biden said at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa. "What I find fascinating, though, is that on nearly every issue, they don't tell you what they are for anymore, and they deliberately misrepresent what they say we are for. You saw it again last night in the debate."

President Obama also weighed in at a post-debate rally. "Gov. Romney may dance around his positions but if you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth," he said.

Romney has been accused of misrepresenting his stance on the national debt, education, and outsourcing. When asked to detail a way he would lower the debt and decrease spending the former Governor said that he would cut funding to PBS. 

The next debate is scheduled for Oct. 11 at Centre College in Danville, Ky. where Vice President Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face-off. The next presidential debate will take place on Oct. 16. 

Did you watch last night's debate? Which candidate do you think won? Did you find Mitt Romney to be devoid of honesty?

Photo credit: wikipedia

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (11-18):
celestegood
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Exactly! And he kept smirking!

Quoting arpazia:

Romney is such an ass!

He was just awful! Rude! Kept interrupting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Quoting arpazia:

Romney is such an ass!

agree!

baby
arpazia
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Oh I wanted to smack it right off him.
Awful I know.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting arpazia:

Romney is such an ass!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM

100% agree!!!

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

Um...they are politicians....they are all devoid of complete honesty.  lol  I loved Romney last night...I think he did an amazing job.  He drove home the point that we cannot afford 4 more years of waste.  Period.  I'm looking forward to the Biden/Ryan debate!!  

in love  In love with an amazing man! I have two girls,     girl on a swing      girl on a swing.

celestegood
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
No I wanted to smack him as well.

Quoting arpazia:

Oh I wanted to smack it right off him.

Awful I know.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting arpazia:

Romney is such an ass!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I deeply apologize to all those upset by Romney's smirking.....for I was smirking too.  ;)

sarcasm

mom_to_travis
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

He *would* be good at that!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Romney should be a used car sales man, he'd be good at that, and it's far less harmful than running the country.

mom_to_travis
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Smirking is really not a good look on anyone.  Just saying.  It certainly doesn't look presidential.

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

I deeply apologize to all those upset by Romney's smirking.....for I was smirking too.  ;)

sarcasm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)