Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Are you married? How long?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  • 26 Replies

Where did you meet your SO?

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Yes, I'm married to my husband for 13 years, we've been together 15.  We met when I was dating his best friend, hahaha...the kids don't know, we tell them we met at the grocery store, he was bagging my groceries, then he asked me on a date, and we went to McDonalds, I rode on the handle bars of his bicycle and we both got happy meals...that's the story we've stuck to, haha!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yes. We've been married for 7 years and 4 months. We've been together for 9 and a half years. We met at work. We both worked for Lowe's Food, just in different stores....it was one high school's prom night and the store he worked at needed help, so they sent me. He came in at the same time I did, and was by my side until I left...he even walked me to my car, lol. 

jlrachal1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I met my husband five years ago next month while I was on a date with someone else. He pretty much stole me away and we talked all night about his family and his hometown in Louisiana (He was stationed at Ft. Bragg at the time). We married 4 1/2 years ago. We were separated for four months until last week, but I think it has made us stronger. 

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
We've been married for 11 months. I'm the marriage baby in our group!! *does a little dance

He and my mom worked together. Well, it wasn't actual work, but they were in a local band together. Anyway, I was home on leave, and when we met, we did a bit of innocent flirting. I swore I was going to be respectful f their working relationship and keep my distance.

We dated secretly for about 6 months. It all came crashing down when he landed in a ditch in my parents front yard. Smh

I told him that I had a time limit on dating, and if I didn't have a ring at the two year mark, we would go our separate ways and try to remain friends.

The ring is quite pretty ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krs_tristan
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM
We've been married 18 months today!! (-:

We met in school. I was in 5th grade, he was in 6th! So I've known him for 13 years! (-:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Yes. Almost 7 years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM
2.5yrs... And online!! Lol!!
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM

December will mark 12 years of marriage and we met at the local community college. He was going to a university but was taking a class there for some reason additionally. So, he was only there for a couple weeks and I had the pleasure of meeting him as I was a student there

bmw29
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:56 PM
We've been together for a little over 12 years and married for a little over 9. We were friends in high-school but didn't get together until about 2 years after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:56 PM
And we met at his college!

I had already gotten my first Bachelor's and worked in accounting for a tech college. My Dh got his degree there (criminal justice) and finished the police academy there.

He had to pick up checks for reimbursement from his GI bill and finally asked me out. :)

We dated for 4 months, I got pregnant, we got married before our dd was born and it will be 7 years this year! 12/12/12!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN