Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

HELP ! human wall in the 910 area

Posted by   + Show Post

Althought I dont live there anymore, Im originally from the Raeford/Fayetteville area, 910 area code. I was on facebook yesterday and I saw that a soldier from the area passed away. I got on again later and saw that the Westboro Baptist Church has decided to protest 29 year old Donna Johnson' s funeral. Im not sure exactly why and I dont wanna speak on what Ive heard bc it may nott be right but this post is to ask anyone in the area with the time and heart to pease join on Saturday October 13th as supporters are getting together to create a human wall to block the protestors so that her family can lay her to rest in peace. I really dont see how anybody especially someone who is genuinely of Christ, can be so mean and rude smh ! The funeral is at 10:15 at the Raeford Presbyterian Church 128 Edinborough Ave Raeford NC 28376 .. if you arent in the area or cant make it maybe spread the word so that others might be able to help out . Please and thanks !

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-19):
JustThe10ofUs
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM

The westboro group is disgusting!  =(  A girl that I grew up with lost her DH she was 7 months PG with their child.  They protested her DH's funeral.  Just horrible. 

SpiritedWitch
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm on the other side of the state, but I have a few friends out there. I will send them a FB message and let them know. 

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM
This is awful!!
Si21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:20 AM
They are also protesting a funeral in Wilmington, I'll post that address later if anyone is in that area .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Yeah they are! So they protest any ransom soldiers ??

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

The westboro group is disgusting!  =(  A girl that I grew up with lost her DH she was 7 months PG with their child.  They protested her DH's funeral.  Just horrible. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessed2bpreggo
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I live in that area and I think its just pathetic! I feel like leave that family alone and let them lay that soldier down in rest in peace. 

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I can't be at either one of those, but I'll keep my thoughts with the families.

WBC is a horrible group of people.....I wish they wouldn't claim to be Christian. 

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
This was on the news this morning, anyone who interferes will be asked to leave.
mrsfred07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Dh was on funeral detail for quite a while. The patriot guard was at every single one, just about. If we were going to be here this weekend, we would participate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN