Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Residents in NC want to sucede from the union??

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

No really. They have over 26,000 signatures already. Many states have also reached the 25,000 signatures it takes to get the White House to look over. 

Granted there is no legal bearing... But there are a lot of unhappy people out there over how this country is run. Here is one article... Or google.... It's an interesting read. 

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/11/petition-online-calling-nc-secede-union

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I agree that there are many many unhappy people but I don't know what seceding would really benefit. I think something needs to be done about the distress going on in our nation though

Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
This makes me sad! I love and pride myself on being an American! No matter who we have in office this is still America take it or leave it! Now we can either stand together and get things done or we are going to fall apart. They say obama never did anything...could it be because everyone was to stubborn in their quest to hate him that they refuse to support him at all? I am not a big fan of Obama but he is our president and at least showing a little support might actually get us somewhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM

This is so f*cking stupid. I swear these people need a 2x4 across the back of the head to smack some common sense into them. They are all pissed off because Romney didn't win. 

The great thing about being American, which they would no longer be if they secede, is that we can voice our opinions even if they are as ignorant as these petitions to secede. 

I really wonder if these morons have actually thought about what seceding from the Union would mean and what it would do to that particular state's economy? 

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I don't think people would understand the actual TOTAL impact of having ZERO govt funding in ANY AREA. The ramifications of this would be awful, devastating. 

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I don't think it's about hating Obama or really wanting to secede from the US.  I think it has more to do with letting the govt know the people aren't happy with the way things are going.  It's proving the point that our country has been run aground for far too long and something needs to be done to help everyone. 

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

This is so f*cking stupid. I swear these people need a 2x4 across the back of the head to smack some common sense into them. They are all pissed off because Romney didn't win. 

The great thing about being American, which they would no longer be if they secede, is that we can voice our opinions even if they are as ignorant as these petitions to secede. 

I really wonder if these morons have actually thought about what seceding from the Union would mean and what it would do to that particular state's economy? 

SpiritedWitch
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM

So, dividing the country and putting their own state's economies in the crapper is the way to go? I repeat, these people need a 2x4 to back of their heads. 

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't think it's about hating Obama or really wanting to secede from the US.  I think it has more to do with letting the govt know the people aren't happy with the way things are going.  It's proving the point that our country has been run aground for far too long and something needs to be done to help everyone. 

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I think you missed what I was saying.  I don't think these people really want to secede, they just want to make sure their voices are heard.  The way our country is run does really need a major overhaul and the politicians don't seem to be hearing that right now. 

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

So, dividing the country and putting their own state's economies in the crapper is the way to go? I repeat, these people need a 2x4 to back of their heads. 

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

oldfashionSAHM
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

i dont' think it will ever happen. but i do agree with the reasoning. personally i don't care for a government that thinks they can control my life. Why leave England If the government of our new country is going to turn around and do the same thing to us. 

i personally think "We The People" do need to make a stand against big brother trying to control everything they think to be good for us. because it's not always the situation. 

jesse123456
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I think the 'unhappy' part is the thing. PBO said he would look at any petition that gets 25K signatures. Well, if he ever does what he says he'll do, then he has to take notice of the dissatisfaction so many have. Will it do any good.......who knows?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN