Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Thank goodness she's ok, but what is wrong with people???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/mountains/5-year-old-hit-by-car-while-getting-off-Wilkes-County-school-bus/-/10623718/17772310/-/opfvb/-/index.html

it won't let me make it clicky. Happened in my county yesterday. 

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassyme999
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Awe that's so sad that's not too far from me .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Not far from me either......it would be a different school than my boys go to though. 

I can't imagine what I'd feel if it happened to my kid though. We live in a subdivision and the bus driver always drops them off after he turns around so the doors open to my yard, so I don't see it happening to them, but you never know.

Quoting sassyme999:

Awe that's so sad that's not too far from me .

sassyme999
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:12 AM
I live in Forsyth county and it happens a lot here .
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

I think I read that on my fox8 news site... it is sad ... They should invent a hand or something that comes out the bus and flicks the car back when it tries to drive while a schoolbus is getting kids on and off:)

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Hey wait...you live here? My kid goes to that school! I got a call yesterday afternoon that a bus was running late and then this was all over my fb.
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM

My kids go to Mountain View :) 

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Hey wait...you live here? My kid goes to that school! I got a call yesterday afternoon that a bus was running late and then this was all over my fb.

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:05 AM
How old are your kids? Ds went to Mtn. View for kinder and first grade. We bought our house last summer so he started 2nd at CC Wright. Honestly, I liked Mtn. View A LOT better.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting NoahandEliza:

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:21 AM
4 and 6. They're in Pre-K and Kinder. I'm not fond of the Kinder teacher Colton has, but they both had the same Pre-K teacher and I LOVE her!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

How old are your kids? Ds went to Mtn. View for kinder and first grade. We bought our house last summer so he started 2nd at CC Wright. Honestly, I liked Mtn. View A LOT better.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting NoahandEliza:

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm, I got off to a rocky start with ds's kindergarten teacher, but I had warmed up to her by this time of year. His first grade teacher, Maria Tutterow, was reeeeally good. Noah is a math/science kid, but she somehow got him interested in reading when I just couldn't figure out how to.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

4 and 6. They're in Pre-K and Kinder. I'm not fond of the Kinder teacher Colton has, but they both had the same Pre-K teacher and I LOVE her!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting NoahandEliza:

MamaPeanut
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM
And yet another reason why I will never let my kids ride the bus...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN