Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Apartment communities ???

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
You all know I'm moving to Charlotte, moving day is July 2014, I need to save as much money as can. I'm looking for rental communities on forrent.com and these places on this site, IMO, are fan- freaking- tastic! Most of them have pools, club houses, fitness rooms all on site! Is this real? Do communities like this exist out there?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I'm not sure about Charlotte but they do exist in other areas of NC.

Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM
What she said! :-)

Quoting 4kidz916:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting Bknotnobody:

What she said! :-)

Quoting 4kidz916:

MamaPeanut
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I'm in Charlotte. All decent apt communities here have that stuff: polls, clubhouse, fitness, etc.

What area of Charlotte are you looking at (North, east, west, south, etc). I'm in Southwest Charlotte.

I work for a property management firm, so I know a ton of Apt communities. I'd be happy to try to help you.
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM
They exist!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxmom2580
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I'm not really sure, but I am looking for a place for no more than $900 for a 3 bedroom, pets allowed, I'm purchasing a chihuahua, but I'm planning on moving in July 2014, gotta save up and get my affairs in order before I leave nyc

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I'm in Charlotte. All decent apt communities here have that stuff: polls, clubhouse, fitness, etc.

What area of Charlotte are you looking at (North, east, west, south, etc). I'm in Southwest Charlotte.

I work for a property management firm, so I know a ton of Apt communities. I'd be happy to try to help you.

jcmom10
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM

There are some nice places in charlotte but you have to be careful. Some pictures are deceiving. The apartment complex i lived in looks great in the "apartment books" and "website" but they really weren't that great at all......and we had a pool, clubhouse, playground, tennis court!

MaMiCHuLaOf3
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

im also from nyc and when i started looking into aparments down here..i was amazed! lol coming from ny, you arent used to the rent prices here..its great! Good luck momma!

MamaPeanut
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Definitely avoid the East side, it's very high in crime.
The North is University area.
The South is Ballyntine and beautiful but extremely expensive.

I live near the airport. It's affordable and nice.

Most places are good, but it's difficult to find a 3 bedroom in this area for under $1,000, plus most communities charge pet rent and a non refundable pet deposit.

Just be sure you have good rental or mortgage history and credit an you'll get a minimum deposit.

Quoting bxmom2580:

I'm not really sure, but I am looking for a place for no more than $900 for a 3 bedroom, pets allowed, I'm purchasing a chihuahua, but I'm planning on moving in July 2014, gotta save up and get my affairs in order before I leave nyc

Quoting MamaPeanut:

MamaFrankie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

We're moving to Raleigh from NJ and  i'm LOVING the beautiful options for rental communities and pricing! for a 1 bedroom whole in the wall in an old building over a store here in NJ can cost 1,200 plus utilities can not wait to call NC home in a few weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN