Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Increased Security in North Carolina Schools

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey, moms ...

Though I live in Maine, I am very interested in the North Carolina area which is why I joined the group.  Over the past few months, my husband and I have been contemplating a move to the Raleigh area.

In light of the recent school tragedy in CT, I am frozen with fear about moving.  You know the saying "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know?"  ... well, that's how I feel.

How proactive have the schools been in North Carolina about either having or increasing school safety and security since the tragedy.  I would appreciate any feedback.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
see_see
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I can't answer your question bc I homeschool but I do live in Raleigh and I LOVE this town.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Im not sure good question

JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I have one in public school...high school. Nothing has changed for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM
I actually have plans to check into this sometime this week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Nothing has changed in my area... And unless it becomes a federal requirement,I doubt it will!!

jcmom10
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I haven't seen any changes either. Besides cops patroling the school grounds the week following the tragedy. But there has been no word of any changes happening at my sons elementary school.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I didn't notice any changes in our school before the break but there was a school board meeting where they were discussing the topic.  Not sure what, if anything, will be done.

14LVL
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Thanks everyone ... how are the public schools there?  Lord knows, they can't be much worse than here in Maine.  LOL

mygirls2012
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Hi I am new here I live in Hertford NC about 3 hours from Raleigh (im inland on the coast) but I just relocated here from CT and I have 2 girls ages 14 and 9 and I have to say it has been a positive move for us. The schools are great and different from CT. (I live in Perquimans county not hertford county) love not having snow lol.. if I can answer any more questions dont hesitate to ask..  :)

mygirls2012
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I also am concerned about what saftey measures and what if anything they are going to do coming from CT its alot different. I came from a small town with very little crime but you had to be buzzed in by office personel but here you can walk right in this does not sit well with me, they say they patrol here alot but i have a family friend that thier cousins were in that school in Newtown CT and though they were not harmed it still hits home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)