Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Childcare

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you ladies would be able to help me figure out how the daycare scene works down in Raleigh region.

I havea 5 years old autistic son who will be in full time school so I don't have an issue with him being cared for, but my 1 month old daughter is who I'd need someone to watch while I go to work 9-5, DH will more then likely be working similar hours and be home at night so I can go to night classes.

How much is the average daycare in the region for an infant ball park range. I been googling ALOT but nothing really comes up price wise. I know hiring a private sitter / SAHM would be cheaper but I do not know ANYONE down here.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatalieMH
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
If you want to find a private sitter, maybe you could use care.com? I have had lots of luck with that!

I have someone who watches my kids in my home and we "nanny share". So we have a few other kids who she also watches at our house occasionally....but it is more of a drop in situation. I pay her $200 a week for M-Th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
It's been so long since we've used daycare...i have no idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Thank you I didn't know about that website.

Quoting NatalieMH:

If you want to find a private sitter, maybe you could use care.com? I have had lots of luck with that!

I have someone who watches my kids in my home and we "nanny share". So we have a few other kids who she also watches at our house occasionally....but it is more of a drop in situation. I pay her $200 a week for M-Th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Been 5 yrs since I needed it too and boy oh boy has prices skyrocketed

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

It's been so long since we've used daycare...i have no idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Bumer you live so far..

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have no clue. When I worked, I worked 3 12 hour shifts....so I only needed a sitter for 8 hours one day a week. She was a friend and I paid her $25 and we made sure she had food she liked in our house, lol.

I haven't worked since I was 8 months pregnant with my 4.5 year old. 

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Awww, too bad you will be 2 hours away. I adore little babies. I guess check online? Be careful, though. Do your research!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatalieMH
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Yeah, check it out. You can get background checks on people. You do have to pay a monthly fee, but it was well worth it for me! I interviewed 9 different sitters and got background checks on all of them.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting NatalieMH:

MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I'm really scared of sitters that aren't referred by family bc up here in jersey it was on the news that in Manhattan a nanny stabbed/ murdered a two yrs old and 4 yrs old she was watching then killed herself in front of the mother. I def have trust issues as is so imagine what that story did lol

Quoting NatalieMH:

Yeah, check it out. You can get background checks on people. You do have to pay a monthly fee, but it was well worth it for me! I interviewed 9 different sitters and got background checks on all of them.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting NatalieMH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)