Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Anyone else read as a hobby?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 34 Replies

I never find friends from NC that read. Am I the only reader? Tell me, what do you read? Are you reading now? Talk to me!

Mama to five beautiful girls-
Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(7), Priya(4)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I love to read I just don't have a lot of time for it anymore.  I did read the Fifty Shades series over the summer and I just downloaded a lot of free Kindle books to read when I find the time.  I like Steven King, Mary Higgins Clark, Nicholas Sparks, and many more. 

moonlitnitz
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I lovee to read. Hubby bought me a nook tablet a few months ago and i havent pu tit down yet. I am currently reading The Finding its about werewolves the whole series was on the free books list for my nook.
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I need to start reading again.. I bought a stephen King book awhile back.. maybe we can make some kind of book exchange??

NatalieMH
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I love to read but don't seem to have the time. 

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I love to read. I usually read 3 books a week. This pregnancy is kicking my butt, and I haven't really been up to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I take it in spurts. I have to be able to focus only on the book, and well.....I have 3 kids of my own, my brother's two kids, and the Internet to distract me.

Bknotnobody
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I love reading!
Love it so much. Edward mckays is where I get my books otherwise I would spend way too much on them. Lol.

I read too quickly and so it saves me $$ and I buy more books for less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I buy far too many books too although I get a lot for free :D Also a fast reader. I did an online reading test recently and this was my results

You read 864 words per minute.
That makes you 246% faster than the national average. All quiz anwers correct

usmclife58
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!! Reading and napping are my favorite hobbies. I have read as many as 2 books in one day, and I was reading about 12 a month for awhile. I slowed down when I started back to school and was getting only 3-4 a week on my breaks.

I start back to school tomorrow, so I will probably be stuck reading nothing but textbooks again until May. I am going to try to get at least the first Crossfire novel read tonight, and then maybe the second one in tomorrow since the first day is usually just intro's and syllabus quizzes.

SpiritedWitch
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's just say that I love my Kindle Fire ... I have over 400 books on there and usually read 3-4 at a time. Currently just have one book open but that's b/c I have been addicted to a new game on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN