Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

They fired a substitute at my kids school

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son told me that they fired a substitute yesterday.. for smacking a child in the chest (some say arm) and leaving a mark... according to my son and another parent.. the child was goofing off during music..

I guess my kids school doesnt mess around with stuff like that

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bknotnobody
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That's good though. Zero tolerance.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Not cool to smack a child and there should be no tolerance for that but it must take an awful lot of patience to put up with some of those kids.  I certainly don't want that job.

kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Our district does paddling... Though rarely and parent must attend while principal or asst principal administers

Bknotnobody
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Interesting. When I went to school in teXas they allowed corporal punishment. Lol. I was 18 and mainly boys suffered that while the girls suffered in school.

Quoting kellynh:

Our district does paddling... Though rarely and parent must attend while principal or asst principal administers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Luckily my kids have never had this happen... But I thnk the knowledge that it can... May help in some situations.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Interesting. When I went to school in teXas they allowed corporal punishment. Lol. I was 18 and mainly boys suffered that while the girls suffered in school.

Quoting kellynh:

Group Mod

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Good. She had no business putting her hands on a child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)