Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Liberty Taxes?? While I think it's kinda cute

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

Having those people holding signs, dressed as statues of liberty... Does not make me go to them for taxes... But I do think its cute. :)

Group Mod

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

<----was one of those people, until I got my first check....

I was told $7.25 an hour. I got my check and it's $6.25 an hour and they said if I work all tax season I'll get a "bonus" check for that extra $1 an hour for every hour I worked and I was like "Bump this! I'm not standing on the side of the road in freezing cold for $6.25 an hour making a fool of myself for y'all to fire me right before the end of tax season." (don't tell me they don't plan this...lol)

kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

How can they pay you less them minimum wage?? That's awful!! 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I was told $7.25 an hour. I got my check and it's $6.25 an hour and they said if I work all tax season I'll get a "bonus" check for that extra $1 an hour for every hour I worked and I was like "Bump this! I'm not standing on the side of the road in freezing cold for $6.25 an hour making a fool of myself for y'all to fire me right before the end of tax season." (don't tell me they don't plan this...lol)

Group Mod

JustThe10ofUs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Quoting IncognitoOne:

How is that legal for them not to pay minimum wage?!
CafeMom Tickers
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

LOL...it was 5 years ago. My son was a baby. I was already working full time making $10.75 an hour...this was just a fun escape. But I wasn't about to wait until April for my missing $1 an hour.

Quoting kellynh:

How can they pay you less them minimum wage?? That's awful!! 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

It was 5 years ago...I don't know what min. wage was then, I don't remember, lol.

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

How is that legal for them not to pay minimum wage?!

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM

And NO! Don't go get your taxes filed there!

The next year, the people I "worked the streets" (lol) with were behind the computers.......

JustThe10ofUs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I always feel bad for them...standing out in the cold, rain, snow. They look miserable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Here they get $12 an hr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN