Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

My week...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 13 Replies

Has been insane with sick kids, Wyatt (8) came home on Tuesday sick and was here with me all week till Friday. He had a tummy thing. Kassie (6) got sent home on Thursday with a sore throat and fever all this to go on top of a sick 17 month old with another ear infection. Anyway, after a trip to the dr yesterday, Kassie has strep and they think thats what Garrett is working on to and since his ears have gotten worse in the last week even with an antibotic they are going to put in tubes. Im stressed about it even though I know its simple and easy I still worry. I think the worst part for him is not being about to eat after midnight since we still nurse and co sleep. =( Hopefully we will be able to get a 6am time and he won't have to be miserable long. The surgery is on the 20th.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Ugh, sounds like a horrible week!  I know the thought of surgery is scary, but it does wonders.  One of my kids has had tubes, tonsil and adenoidectomy and another had tonsils and adenoidectomy as well.  The recovery from the tubes is sooooooo easy.  They wake up, mean and crying, go home take a nap and wake up like nothing ever happened.  The tonsil and adenoid surgery recovery sucks!  Two weeks of hell, LOL, but well worth it.  Two of my kids had 10 and 11 bouts of strep in 12 months, and this spring has been two years since the surgery, and havent had it since! 

NatalieMH
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Oh no! I hope that everyone starts feeling better very soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

NC is full of sickies!! Hope every gets better soon!!

kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Rotfl... Full of *the* sickies!! I'd better grab another cup of coffee!! 

Quoting kellynh:

Group Mod

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sorry everyone got sick :( They usually give the younger kids the earliest times. Keaton was 6am for his 4month and 9month surgeries, but 10am for his surgery at 2.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

That's a rough week for you.  Hope everyone is better soon and that the surgery will go well. 

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience, makes me feel better knowing how many other ppl have been through this.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Ugh, sounds like a horrible week!  I know the thought of surgery is scary, but it does wonders.  One of my kids has had tubes, tonsil and adenoidectomy and another had tonsils and adenoidectomy as well.  The recovery from the tubes is sooooooo easy.  They wake up, mean and crying, go home take a nap and wake up like nothing ever happened.  The tonsil and adenoid surgery recovery sucks!  Two weeks of hell, LOL, but well worth it.  Two of my kids had 10 and 11 bouts of strep in 12 months, and this spring has been two years since the surgery, and havent had it since! 

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Thanks

Quoting NatalieMH:

Oh no! I hope that everyone starts feeling better very soon!
JennMcBride
by Jenn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I swear everyone I know has sick kids.

Quoting kellynh:

Rotfl... Full of *the* sickies!! I'd better grab another cup of coffee!! 

Quoting kellynh:

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Thank you.

Quoting 4kidz916:

That's a rough week for you.  Hope everyone is better soon and that the surgery will go well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)