Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Date Night Last night...details :)

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
  • 20 Replies

Things were going good. Mom and dad came here and picked up the kids and their luggage (lol...you'd think I was sending them off for a week or more). We left as soon as they did.

We went to Hickory, to O'Charley's for lunch. The food was good. The service this time was HORRIBLE, and there were two young girls (They didn't LOOK 21, they were drinking, but I can't be sure they were even carded because they grabbed a male waiter and waltzed past the hostess desk and people waiting in line). They were loud, annoying, and RUDE! Our waiter came back ONCE after we got our food....to bring us our check. The other waiter ended up bringing our main course out, keeping our drinks filled, and even came and got our money when we were done.

We went to Hendrick Honda and looked at an Accord Crosstour. And day dreamed about owning it. Gah! I love those things. I got back in my dented up (thanks to DH, lol) 2003 Accord and drove away.

We walked the entire mall, I got a bra fitting done. We bought Christlynn an outfit for $5.00 at Sears.

Then we went to the shopping center with Target, we parked at Babies R Us and walked around in there, and in every store all the way to Kohl's (didn't go in there though) and back to the car. I bought a cute t-shir for Christlynn for $3.00 and a pair of jeans for her for $5.00. (can't find a pic of the jeans, but they're dark blue and cute, lol)

Then we wen to Krispy Kreme and then came back home.....where ther real party started ;) LOL

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatalieMH
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM
How fun! Is there actually anywhere good to eat in Hickory near the mall area?? I mean...we went a few weeks ago and everything was a chain. Ended up at buffalo wild winds and it was...ehhh ok.

Cute clothes! My dd would like that tinkerbell shirt!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Wink wink!! Glad you had a good night!! :) hopefully the service... Was... Ummm.... Better... At the end of the night!! Lol

mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

The real  Party.. :) LOL I see... Glad you all had some alone time

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Sounds fun!  And great deals on the clothes. 

Bknotnobody
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Woo! Sounds like fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I don't know, we really only eat at O'Charley's, Outback, or Bob Evans when we go.

Quoting NatalieMH:

How fun! Is there actually anywhere good to eat in Hickory near the mall area?? I mean...we went a few weeks ago and everything was a chain. Ended up at buffalo wild winds and it was...ehhh ok.

Cute clothes! My dd would like that tinkerbell shirt!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

LOL. MUCH better ;)

Quoting kellynh:

Wink wink!! Glad you had a good night!! :) hopefully the service... Was... Ummm.... Better... At the end of the night!! Lol

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
So glad you had a great time. After waiting tables for 8 years off and on I would have complained. I can't stand not getting service :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

He didn't get tipped...lol. The waiter that took care of us did though.

Quoting JennMcBride:

So glad you had a great time. After waiting tables for 8 years off and on I would have complained. I can't stand not getting service :(

MadisonFaith77
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I love date nights! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN