Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Samsung Galaxy SII ... *EDITED* Changed poll question

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Keep LG500 Blackberry (not so smartphone) or buy Samsung Galaxy SII (smartphone)?

Options:

LG500 ... not so smartphone but nice phone

Samsung Galaxy SII ... touchscreen smartphone

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Does anyone have one? I am flip-flopping between getting one and not. 

I have been with Tracfone for ages and have had a nice LG500 blackberry for the past year or so that I really like. 

I am having issues about paying $300 for a phone BUT it will have unlimited talk, text and web, something I've never had with Tracfone BUT I also only pay $18 a month for two phones instead of $45 for one. 

So, worth changing or not? 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (21-21):
SpiritedWitch
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

That sucks to have no choice of phone carriers. :(  I think I am surrounded by carriers but not a single one of them have consistent good signal. *sigh* 

Quoting Angela4boys:

Well, we were with T-mobile for years! Like 10 years. We weren't in a contract because when out contract expired we just went month to month and stayed that way. We don't have a house phone, so our cell phones have to be very reliable. Well in October we moved to a house where the only carrier is Verizon. We had no choice but to switch. Our bill is double now...but we justify the cost since we no longer have a water or sewer bill and since we are no longer in AZ, our $450 per month electric bills are a thing if the past too :). Don't get me wrong, I would still like my old cell phone bill...but we have no choice.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

That "far more than $45" is exactly why I do not do contract phones. My younger SIL has an iPhone through AT&T and her bill is well over $200 a month (two iPhones and a simple cell phone for MIL). There is no way in hell I would pay that much. 

Quoting Angela4boys:

I have no experience with anything but an iPhone. I got it for free with my two year contract, but, my monthly bill is FAR more than 45! It was the price I had to pay for living in a pocket where only ONE cell carrier has reception.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN