Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Samsung Galaxy SII ... *EDITED* Changed poll question

Posted by   + Show Post

Question: Keep LG500 Blackberry (not so smartphone) or buy Samsung Galaxy SII (smartphone)?

LG500 ... not so smartphone but nice phone

Samsung Galaxy SII ... touchscreen smartphone

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Does anyone have one? I am flip-flopping between getting one and not. 

I have been with Tracfone for ages and have had a nice LG500 blackberry for the past year or so that I really like. 

I am having issues about paying $300 for a phone BUT it will have unlimited talk, text and web, something I've never had with Tracfone BUT I also only pay $18 a month for two phones instead of $45 for one. 

So, worth changing or not? 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (21-21):
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

That sucks to have no choice of phone carriers. :(  I think I am surrounded by carriers but not a single one of them have consistent good signal. *sigh* 

Quoting Angela4boys:

Well, we were with T-mobile for years! Like 10 years. We weren't in a contract because when out contract expired we just went month to month and stayed that way. We don't have a house phone, so our cell phones have to be very reliable. Well in October we moved to a house where the only carrier is Verizon. We had no choice but to switch. Our bill is double now...but we justify the cost since we no longer have a water or sewer bill and since we are no longer in AZ, our $450 per month electric bills are a thing if the past too :). Don't get me wrong, I would still like my old cell phone bill...but we have no choice.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

That "far more than $45" is exactly why I do not do contract phones. My younger SIL has an iPhone through AT&T and her bill is well over $200 a month (two iPhones and a simple cell phone for MIL). There is no way in hell I would pay that much. 

Quoting Angela4boys:

I have no experience with anything but an iPhone. I got it for free with my two year contract, but, my monthly bill is FAR more than 45! It was the price I had to pay for living in a pocket where only ONE cell carrier has reception.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN