Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's brings out the worst in some people...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Wife's status update: "I hate Valentine's Day."

Husband's status update: "I hate when people are ungrateful and complain if everything doesn't go their way."

I want to make mine: "I hate when married couples fight by Facebook status changes."......but that would put me on their level, lol.

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yeah I hate those too >.> Some couples I know have almost all their fights start over status update....

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I guess I'm too private, lol. If I want to fight, I'll just yell at him. 

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Yeah I hate those too >.> Some couples I know have almost all their fights start over status update....

CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

A lot of people enjoy the drama of fights so they try to drag their friends in too. I've noticed it's my most dramatic friends who handle arguments like that

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

True.

Quoting CJsMommy92:

A lot of people enjoy the drama of fights so they try to drag their friends in too. I've noticed it's my most dramatic friends who handle arguments like that

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I read plenty of this BS on CM

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM

True..lol.

Quoting mamivon2:

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
So true!

Quoting mamivon2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Lol!! I hate it when marital drama plays put via facebook. I also hate the uber mushy, "My husband is thee most incredible lover on the planet!!! Muah muah muah, baby! You rock my world!!" Statuses. Bleck, get a damn room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to post this because of all the hateful people RANTING about Valentines day and posting immature hate graphics.

I don't care if someone isn't enthused about Valentine's Day. I don't celebrate Halloween and yet I don't spend a week of my time posting anti-halloween graphics and ranting like a crazy person the way I see people do about Valentines. Don't celebrate? Good, I don't really either, other than saying "happy valentine's day" but it isn't my place to be a stick in the mud for everyone else that does

I see nothing wrong with the tradition of having one day special for it though as long as people show love every day of the year as well. I just think people get so caught up in putting down the holidays that they don't celebrate that they don't take the feelings of others into consideration when they go on rants.

I've seen anti-valentine graphics and endless ranting for a week now from and I really want to ask some of them how they'd feel if I did that over Halloween because I personally do not celebrate Halloween and I know some of them do. They wouldn't like it and I know it. Yet it is okay for them to bash a holiday they don't celebrate?

Someone replied about how commercial it is to which I replied

As I said, I don't celebrate Halloween. But I don't rant about that for a week or point how commercial that is. I figure my reasons are my own for not celebrating and it isn't my place to make others feel badly with their celebrations.

Pregnancy%20ticker
Mama to five beautiful girls- Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(7), Priya(4)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)