Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

What are you reading with your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 23 Replies
Dd and I are starting Harry potter tonight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM

nothing right now.. but I need to start reading with mine..

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Matilda!

kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My 4yo and I read a Junie B Jones chapter a night. We have all the books from my 12yo...lol!! My 14m... Well here a pick of the book shelf... The ones on top are our bi weekly books. I change them out every two weeks.. :) 

Just turn your screen sideways...lol.. I didn't send it through mobile. 

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Dd just finished Matilda! She was so excited, because it was a couple hundred pages and she finished it in just a few days. She learned a lot of new words, too, which was great.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Matilda!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I love that. I want to put a wall bookshelf in the new baby's nursery

Quoting kellynh:

My 4yo and I read a Junie B Jones chapter a night. We have all the books from my 12yo...lol!!

My 14m... Well here a pick of the book shelf... The ones on top are our bi weekly books. I change them out every two weeks.. :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Heeeeey!!!! If you ever just get so tired of that giraffe, I've found him a home!! Lol

Quoting kellynh:

My 4yo and I read a Junie B Jones chapter a night. We have all the books from my 12yo...lol!! My 14m... Well here a pick of the book shelf... The ones on top are our bi weekly books. I change them out every two weeks.. :) 

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

k.oder
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We read at least 2 stories at night before bed and I am more than happy to read to her any other time she wants.  We read short stories right now because at 3, she doesn't have a long attention span at all.  Her favorite is Good Night Moon, she can pretty much recite it word for word........

beachbeauty
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I only read with my 8yo now and we are reading The Wayside School series, he's already read them once so he asked me to start with the third one, Wayside School Gets a Little Bit Stranger.

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I remember those books!

Don't they have some funky cover art... Like the school is sideways or something??

Quoting beachbeauty:

I only read with my 8yo now and we are reading The Wayside School series, he's already read them once so he asked me to start with the third one, Wayside School Gets a Little Bit Stranger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yep and they're kind of silly which is perfect for my DS because he isn't really into reading and these hold his interest.  The kids swear there was a cartoon on tv at one point, but I don't remember it.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I remember those books!

Don't they have some funky cover art... Like the school is sideways or something??

Quoting beachbeauty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)