Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

PIOG..My fake yet fun love affair..I will miss it cause it was quiet entertaining..

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok this is actually a serious post..

I met this "soldier" on a penpal website..and we started talking. after a few weeks I did have my doubts... but figured hey I play along..cause he did sound nice...you know..all this I love you and God send me your way..of course he is in Nigeria.....

so if you ever talk to a soldier.. overseas..you met online.. and you not sure if he is for real.. Here are some tests you can do..A REAL Soldier will have the answers to each and ever question and will have no problem to do what you want him to do..

Ladies if your husband IS in the military there might be a chance that his pic has been stolen and he has been used for a scammers.. I will add some great links at the bottom of this post..

Ok here are the tests now..

1. Ask your "soldier" to send you an email from his Military email..it should end with...........mil..anything else is fake..as far as I know.. dont fall for any excuses like. oh Im not allowed to use my military email..or Icant find it...Miltary personnel is encourged to use their military email..If he does send an email..send one back..

2. Ask him what LES (leave and earning statement) means..if he is a real soldier.. he will have no problem telling you that..and Lawenforcement system what my goofball said) is wrong..Im still chuckling at that one... answer like google it, or ask your friend is another sign of a scammer..

3.Check his military pics..often they use real military men (sad I know) but remove their name tags..if there is no name tag its most likley a scammer..Every real USA soldier will wear his name with pride..

4..Ask for a copy of his military ID..right.. every scammer is happy to do so.. not a real soldier..as far as Iknow its against the law for them..

5.Ask your guy to send you a pic of him holding a sign..with your name and something like Greetings..every soldier would have no probs to send his GF/Wife a sweet note.. I told mine today.. Iwant a pic like that.. and Igot..

you still dont fucking trust me... (Im still waiting on the pics)

6.. If he wants leave request..it does not cost any money and only He the soldiers can do that..not his wife, grandma etc..and its pretty simple

7. It does not cost 4500 lol dollars to resign from the army.. at least not the usa Army

8. I dont know whats up with that one but most scammers use two (2) first names. Like mine was Mike Edward or Mike Edwards..full name Michael Thomas Edward..or Mark James...Scott Harry... 2 first names..

9.Most have the same sob story.. Wife died in car crash, child is living with nanny in CA...bla bla

10.Theyclaim not to have access to their money..The military does take care of their servicemen and women..

11.Ask to skype..surprise they cant.no camera..no this no that.

12.most write "am" instead of I AM..

13..check his uniform..some havent been worn in over 7 years..

14.They promise they come see you and then oh dear something came up..and they cant come yet need money..

Here are the links ..

http://asp.militarygear.com/2010/12/20/new-online-military-scammers/#comment-175370

http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/

http://www.spokeo.com/

If anyone else has tips feel free.to most them..

Dont worry my heart wasnt broken.. My friend and I we had a blast with him...Im only sad cause its over..

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Sounds interesting.

But I don't see myself chatting up soldiers anytime soon.....lol.

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Lol. Easy way to fix this meet them in real life. :)
I haven't ever met a military guy online who wasn't one in real life. Lol.
Still amused for ya though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I never EVER used my military email. I just have old military buddies look them up. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

oh..this mess with this fake soldier is getting good..

I know for a fact he is fake..here are some hints andclues..

HE is avoid to give me his military email..cause he EX abused.

He will not give me his nanny information or anything about him

LES (leave and earningstatement) he told meit means..LAWENFORCEMENT system..yes Im still laughing.

Oh he wants to resign..HAHAHA and needs 4500 dollars..

and Irefuse to pay 45000

so now he doing the you dont love me..I kill myself nr..

kellynh
by Kelly on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Oh boy!! How messed up is that!! 

mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Well after endless search.. I found all but one of the soldiers in the fake profiles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)