Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Third Shift Life

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

Superman works third shift and I try to schedule the majority of my life around his schedule, otherwise we would never see each other or sleep in the same bed.  Unfortunately, that means I am awake and alone all night.   Blah!  Is anybody else living a vamps life?

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

That stinks.

Nope. DH works 8-5......well, supposedly. It ends up being 8-6 (or 7, 8,9.....lol) I'm only up at night when he's gone over night in the tow truck. It sucks!

kellynh
by Kelly on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH works nights as well... But my schedule stays the same. He works 5pm to 6am. Week one is M,T off W,Th, Work F,S,S.. However week two is Off M,T, work W, Th and off F,S,and Sun. I also work two nights a week that he is there to watch the kiddos... But his schedule runs M-Su. And mine is W-Tues.. So we have several nights together. :) 

NatalieMH
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM
That must be really difficult! DH and I both work too much...but we are 9-7 M-F. Ahh the life of retail!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It sucks! I used to do it. Thank goodness I have a different job now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH used to work nights (cop), but he just made a career change and now works M-F 9-6.
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm usually up until 3 becAuse that's when dh goes to bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyMacK
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

His schedule is 3 on/3 off, but even that is no guarnatee.  I work 2 random shifts every week, so we really can't plan on anything. 

Quoting kellynh:

My DH works nights as well... But my schedule stays the same. He works 5pm to 6am. Week one is M,T off W,Th, Work F,S,S.. However week two is Off M,T, work W, Th and off F,S,and Sun. I also work two nights a week that he is there to watch the kiddos... But his schedule runs M-Su. And mine is W-Tues.. So we have several nights together. :) 

SissyMacK
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

A set schedule in retail?!  How did you get so lucky?  We both work for national retailers and don't get regular schedules.  Superman is salaried management in his store and I am an associate in mine (I didn't find management to be worth the little extra in pay). 

Quoting NatalieMH:

That must be really difficult! DH and I both work too much...but we are 9-7 M-F. Ahh the life of retail!

NatalieMH
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Yeah, I guess we are lucky with that. Dh is a purchasing manager and I am a senior sales associate. We both work for small, independent stores.

Quoting SissyMacK:

A set schedule in retail?!  How did you get so lucky?  We both work for national retailers and don't get regular schedules.  Superman is salaried management in his store and I am an associate in mine (I didn't find management to be worth the little extra in pay). 

Quoting NatalieMH:

mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM
My dh worked 3rd for years..I think about 7years.. He would leave at around 4:30pm ( had to be there at 6pm) and wasnt home till 7am.. However he did that 3 days a week.. 
For a while it was mon, tue, wed (6 weeks) off the rest and it would rotate..so he was off for an entire week or worked for an  entire week..
I loved it..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN