Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Child support meeting

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
It is in the morning. Eeeeek! Hopefully it isn't horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I feel like I'm doing some horrible thing. Lol

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatalieMH
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Good luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennMcBride
by Jenn on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hope it went well for you. 

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Thanks ladies.

It wasn't too bad. The wait was absolutely ridiculous. The men and women that came in made me raise my eyebrows. Aaaaand, I was missing some paperwork.

Since ex husband lives in another state, they have to send off and hope his state cooperates. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That stinks. I hope they do.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Thanks ladies.

It wasn't too bad. The wait was absolutely ridiculous. The men and women that came in made me raise my eyebrows. Aaaaand, I was missing some paperwork.

Since ex husband lives in another state, they have to send off and hope his state cooperates. :/

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me to receive the funds. I didn't file based on need. It was the principle of the thing, really.

If nothing happens, eh.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Thanks ladies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

True.....buuuut. He needs to support his child. If he has money for all of the stuff he's doing (gag, lol) he should have money for her.

But if he'd say "I'll sign rights over", I'd take that to keep her away from that lifestyle.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me to receive the funds. I didn't file based on need. It was the principle of the thing, really.

If nothing happens, eh.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Thanks ladies.

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
And it is so stupid, because we would MUCH rather he sign away rights to her. He won't, and I don't understand why. It isn't like they have a relationship.

Boo!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

True.....buuuut. He needs to support his child. If he has money for all of the stuff he's doing (gag, lol) he should have money for her.

But if he'd say "I'll sign rights over", I'd take that to keep her away from that lifestyle.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

If nothing happens, eh.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Thanks ladies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM

He sounds like deadbeat in every sense. Don't want to spend time with her, don't want to help raise her financially, but doesn't want to risk another man adopting her.

If you get the child support, set up an account for her that will gain intrest and she can't touch until 21?

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

And it is so stupid, because we would MUCH rather he sign away rights to her. He won't, and I don't understand why. It isn't like they have a relationship.

Boo!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

If nothing happens, eh.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Thanks ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)