Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! I am new to the area and I don't know a soul!! When we moved here I was 7 months pregnant and now have a 2 month old daughter. I am a sahm. I would love to make some friends here! Anyone know of any mommy and me groups or have other suggestions or wanna meet for coffee?? LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
14LVL
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Denise:

Can I friend request you so I can keep in touch with you?  We are seriously considering the move... driving down in June from Maine.  Are you in a housing development or more rural?

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting 14LVL:

Denise... Holly Springs is where we want to move. How old are your children ?

Quoting denise3680:

welcome to NC and welcome to the group:)  I am fairly new to the area also.  We live in Holly Springs, which is not to far from Raleigh/Durham area. 

I have four girls, 18,11,8 and 5.  We love it here.  Very nice area, great schools and no crime.  It is a very diverse area and very friendly.

14LVL
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I may be new to the area someday myself ... please keep this thread posted on how you are adjusting.  Where did you move from?  If I were there, I would totally meet for coffee ...

Quoting SRB212:

Hi! I am new to the area and I don't know a soul!! When we moved here I was 7 months pregnant and now have a 2 month old daughter. I am a sahm. I would love to make some friends here! Anyone know of any mommy and me groups or have other suggestions or wanna meet for coffee?? LOL!

denise3680
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting 14LVL:

Denise:

Can I friend request you so I can keep in touch with you?  We are seriously considering the move... driving down in June from Maine.  Are you in a housing development or more rural?

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting 14LVL:

Quoting denise3680:

welcome to NC and welcome to the group:)  I am fairly new to the area also.  We live in Holly Springs, which is not to far from Raleigh/Durham area. 

I have four girls, 18,11,8 and 5.  We love it here.  Very nice area, great schools and no crime.  It is a very diverse area and very friendly.

yes you can friend request me:)  We live in a rural housing complex:)  I love it, it is just far enough out to be called country but close enough it only takes about 30 minutes to get downtown:)  If interested in this area, the school my kids go to is called Holly grove elementary, holly grove middle in holly springs, NC.  I absolutely love it here.  Also, if interested Wake tech community college is very close by, our oldest goes there and NC state is about 20 minutes.  Close areas are Apex, Cary, and Fuquay-Varina

14LVL
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Oh my gosh ... I have seen Holly Grove on line.  Yayyyyy!

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting 14LVL:

Denise:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting 14LVL:

Quoting denise3680:

yes you can friend request me:)  We live in a rural housing complex:)  I love it, it is just far enough out to be called country but close enough it only takes about 30 minutes to get downtown:)  If interested in this area, the school my kids go to is called Holly grove elementary, holly grove middle in holly springs, NC.  I absolutely love it here.  Also, if interested Wake tech community college is very close by, our oldest goes there and NC state is about 20 minutes.  Close areas are Apex, Cary, and Fuquay-Varina

msmizuki19
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I'm 30 mins from Raleigh and welcome to the group. I have a 15 month old daughter
JennMcBride
by Jenn on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Hope you are about to meet some friends.. I'm a couple hours from you.
SRB212
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We are from Pittsburgh but we lived in Wilmington for 15 months.
Quoting 14LVL:

Where did you move from?
Quoting SRB212:

Sigmalade
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Try researching your local library, churches, and mommy and me classes. There are several of those in the area. Welcome to NC!

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Welcome to the area!?!? I live about 45 minutes from you. However i am moving closer that way hopefully :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I'm in Wendell
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)