Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms
I only get on a few times a week, but it really pisses me off. People like to post snapshots of their lives so they can pretend said lives are perfect. This isn't Harry potter! No matter what the tabloids say, a picture can't tell a story.

And neither can your stupid status that you use to take potshots at me and others, while attemptin to make yourself seem above it all.

I don't want people to see the real you. She is ugly, mean, irresponsible, and places blame with everyone else. You're 30+ years old. We happen to be family but we will never be friends. Get the hell over yourself!

*end rant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Replies (21-22):
14LVL
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I agree ... a few months ago, I deactivated my account for all the reasons mentioned.  You have to remember that people that are obsessed with Facebook, really may have nothing else.  It is sad, really.  When I went back to FB, I deleted a bunch of people and blocked others.  Your FB is YOURS .. do not be bullied in any way by other people.  I think it is similar to welcoming people into your home. That is my rule.  If I would not want you in my house, I do not want you on my FB because it is basically the same.  People are stupid!

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

You could always just hide everyone that annoys you from your newsfeed. Then you won't have to see the BS they post. :)

SpiritedWitch
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I wouldn't give up my FB b/c of ignorant people. I just delete them from my friends and that includes family members. 

My so-called aunt posted the following about me b/c I had a disagreement with my sister over a political (Amendment One ... I was against it) issue last May. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"
She lives in darkness and sadness because she is so bitter and harbors lots a hatred.

Her Paganism Witchery has put so much DARKNESS in her life, she cannot see any light into the world of other people.

She has so much hatred in her heart and is bitter towards God and other people, she will mostly likely never be happy in her lifetime."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dropped her like a hot potato. I haven't spoken to her since last May and have no intention of doing so. Sadly, it means I don't attend holiday dinners with my side of the family b/c she will be there.

I even got up and walked out when she showed up at my MIL's receiving a few weeks ago so there would not be a scene. Apparently she left the message that "Family is family, no matter what." Yeah, I don't think so. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN