Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decisions, decisions, decisions....I HATE making these!! LOL

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

School picture day is April 9th. They've already had yearbook pics taken, so these, if you don't purchase pics, your child's picture will not be taken that day. I didn't realize this last year and Colton came home all kinds of upset because he had to watch everyone else get their picture taken.

On the other hand, my mom just had their pictures done March 8th. AND Saturday, I'm shelling out $130 for a session.

I don't want the kids to be dissapointed that they won't get in front of the camera at school, but it seems ridiculous to me to pay for yet another set of pictures....that's three sessions in a month!!

What would you do?

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatalieMH
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

eeeh I dunno. what do they say about it this year? What is the min. you can pay for the school pics?

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

$13, but that package isn't worth buying at all. $40 is the smallest package that's worth the price, 2 kids, so $80.

Quoting NatalieMH:

eeeh I dunno. what do they say about it this year? What is the min. you can pay for the school pics?

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I would do it. I would even do the cheapest one, who cares, if you got photos from the other shoot you liked. :) Plus you can always take them to have them resized or whatever elsewhere. :) I know Im terrible. 

NatalieMH
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Bleh. I would do the $13 one just so they get a chance to have their pic taken.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

$13, but that package isn't worth buying at all. $40 is the smallest package that's worth the price, 2 kids, so $80.

Quoting NatalieMH:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I don't know. I think I would probably get the school pictures, too, and dh would give me the evil eye. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM

It's seriously like, 2 wallets and 6 of those tiny things. If it were a 5X7 and 2 wallets I would consider. And the company the school uses isn't great.

Quoting NatalieMH:

Bleh. I would do the $13 one just so they get a chance to have their pic taken.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting NatalieMH:

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I wouldn't do it. It isn't like this is yearbook pictures!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm leaning toward no. I didn't buy their yearbook pictures either.

But there will be individuals of them taken Saturday, so it's not like I won't have professional pics of them NOW, lol.

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

I wouldn't do it. It isn't like this is yearbook pictures!

beachbeauty
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Talk to your son ahead of time so he knows what to expect and tell him you aren't getting them.   Explain to him that if you don't spend money on that you will have money for something else he likes, a trip to McDonalds or something. 

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM

That might work. But the he might say, "Well, I'll spend my money on McDonalds!" LOL

I'm leaning toward NOT buying, but I don't want the boys to feel embarrassed. I'm going to decided and tell them tonight so they have a while to get used to the idea.

Quoting beachbeauty:

Talk to your son ahead of time so he knows what to expect and tell him you aren't getting them.   Explain to him that if you don't spend money on that you will have money for something else he likes, a trip to McDonalds or something. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)