Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high point birthing center

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

for all of you in the area, have you even given birth here?  i *might* be pregnant and after my last delivery, i swore i'd never give birth in my usual hospital again.  i'm wondering if the birthing center has a more "relaxed" approach to child birth?

any opinions?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennMcBride
by Jenn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I've never been there but one of my friends wives delivered there and she loved it. I also know she went to Dr Dorn in HP and had a natural labor etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM

i usually go to forsyth (in winston salem) and i hate it.  with my last baby, the OB on call for my office (wake forest OB/GYN) was a freakin' resident whom i had never even met.  it was just one of the worst experiences of my life.  if my husband was on board with it, i think i would just find a midwife and give it a go at home.  it scares him too badly though.  

Quoting JennMcBride:

I've never been there but one of my friends wives delivered there and she loved it. I also know she went to Dr Dorn in HP and had a natural labor etc.

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I looked into natural labor with my last and couldn't get a midwife due to insurance issues. I know there are a bunch of laws on home birth...I wish I could find them out though. I always wanted a water b birth but I don't know where you could even have one. The women's center is Greensboro is good to I have a friend who's had 6 natural labor there. I've had 3 at Forsyth and my last labor was horrible.

Quoting almondpigeon:

i usually go to forsyth (in winston salem) and i hate it.  with my last baby, the OB on call for my office (wake forest OB/GYN) was a freakin' resident whom i had never even met.  it was just one of the worst experiences of my life.  if my husband was on board with it, i think i would just find a midwife and give it a go at home.  it scares him too badly though.  

Quoting JennMcBride:

almondpigeon
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

who is your ob/gyn?  even if i stay @ forsyth, i'm definitely switching doctors.

Quoting JennMcBride:

I looked into natural labor with my last and couldn't get a midwife due to insurance issues. I know there are a bunch of laws on home birth...I wish I could find them out though. I always wanted a water b birth but I don't know where you could even have one. The women's center is Greensboro is good to I have a friend who's had 6 natural labor there. I've had 3 at Forsyth and my last labor was horrible.

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting JennMcBride:

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I'm screaming Dr Dorn at you.... the stories about him are sooo awesome. Google him lol. I've been with Lyndhurst in Kernersville for my last 3 I didn't know that they really weren't going to support my choices.

Quoting almondpigeon:

who is your ob/gyn?  even if i stay @ forsyth, i'm definitely switching doctors.

Quoting JennMcBride:

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting JennMcBride:

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
They do have great drs they just don't know how to support natural birth other than to leave you alone. I do love the drs there and they have an office in Winston.
almondpigeon
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM

i was with lyndhurst for years and i could say really ugly things about them, lol.  i will check out dr dorn.  thanks!

Quoting JennMcBride:

They do have great drs they just don't know how to support natural birth other than to leave you alone. I do love the drs there and they have an office in Winston.

JennMcBride
by Jenn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I wish there was a web site where you could find out about hone births in nc or even more drs and options ya know?

Quoting almondpigeon:

i was with lyndhurst for years and i could say really ugly things about them, lol.  i will check out dr dorn.  thanks!

Quoting JennMcBride:

aelaina
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are looking for midwives and an OBGYN plus the option of a water birth I would suggest Natural Beginnings Birth and Wellness Center in Statesville. I met the wonderful ladies who work there last week. I will be going to them for my next pregnancy and birth! http://www.naturalbeginningsnc.com/

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Im sure you had a bad expierence..My son was born in chapel hill and my dd in Alamance regional (Burlington) of course I was thanks to my husband dilated 9cm when I got there so there was not much they could have done. .and yes they rushed.. :) lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)