Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Kind of worried...*updated*

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 21 Replies

Colton has his testing today. He has to spell 26 of 33 words correctly, I KNOW he can do it. His teacher KNOWS he can do it. He's done it a million and one times. At school and at home. And has always been ahead of the class.

But he woke up this morning with an, "I'm not doing it" attitude and I know how he gets. He may or may not even TRY. And it's driving me NUTS!!!

None of the million and one times he's done it matter today. If he doesn't do it today, he goes to kindergarten again next year.

Update: he did take the test!! Results are here (print out, they have to keep the student's papers). He said he spelled "what" by accident, lol.

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM

how did he do? both of my kids  didnt spell all their words and they moved to first grade

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

aww. How did he do?

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

He said they didn't take it today....lol.

Quoting mamivon2:

how did he do? both of my kids  didnt spell all their words and they moved to first grade

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I don't know. He says they didn't take it today......I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

aww. How did he do?

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Aww hope he does well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sutherngrl94
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I hope he does well.
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM

He says they didn't take it yesterday. There's no note in his backpack, so I have no clue.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Aww hope he does well.

14LVL
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I am confused ... your kindergartener needs to spell 26 words correctly?  I mean, I would think the focus should be more on reading and word recognition at this point, not spelling 26 words.  Where in NC are you?

14LVL
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

And so glad that the teacher communicated with you about "why" he didn't take the test ... grrrr, that only adds more confusion.  Surely, she can imagine how nervous and worried you have been.

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wilkes. He has to be able to read all of the sight words, but spell 26. He can read/spell beyond that. He's been working on 1st grade curriculum for a few months now. I know, the teacher knows, he knows, the school knows he CAN do it. But WILL he do it, is the question....lol.

Quoting 14LVL:

I am confused ... your kindergartener needs to spell 26 words correctly?  I mean, I would think the focus should be more on reading and word recognition at this point, not spelling 26 words.  Where in NC are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)