Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Damn NC schools

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 30 Replies
Dd stayed home from school today. She had a field trip but due to her behavior, dh and I decide thy she would be unable to attend. I called the school to let them know, as well as sent a note to the teacher.

The teacher called me the day before the field trip and said, "I understand that you say she cannot go on the field trip, however, we cannot tell her she can't go." Ummm, I said she could not go! She went on an on about how I'm the first parent the school has had to refuse to allow their child on a field trip, and she and the principal have no idea where dd will be if I don't let her go.

So she stayed home, and I'm upset. Boooo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on May. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We were always sent to another class..lol.

Did you pay for the trip? I'm sure they'd know where to send her if you didn't, lol

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I did pay! And I asked what they would do with her if I hadn't paid, and they said they would take her on the field trip anyway.

I'm so over this school!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Did you pay for the trip? I'm sure they'd know where to send her if you didn't, lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Sadie on May. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

WHAT THE HECK? Seriously?!

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on May. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL....HEY, it's good to know for future trips ;) 

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I did pay! And I asked what they would do with her if I hadn't paid, and they said they would take her on the field trip anyway.

I'm so over this school!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on May. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

But they can't LEGALLY take her if you haven't turned in the form.....so yeah, really good to know because when she comes home saying she went anyway.....you can sue them, lol.

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Isn't that ridiculous?

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I told her that maybe I just won't pay for future trips... They make me want to pull my hair out!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

LOL....HEY, it's good to know for future trips ;) 

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I'm so over this school!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Sadie on May. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM

YES IT IS!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Isn't that ridiculous?

Quoting Bknotnobody:

JustThe10ofUs
by Rose on May. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM
We have a long history with our local schools overstepping! I could write a book about it! They act like our children belong to them and we have no say over anything. A short list...

Ex has a no contact (court ordered!) order with the kids. DSs teacher felt that since the order didn't specify notes....that it was okay to pass along phone messages to the boys! I was very understanding at first but then she got smart with me and told me the note contact would continue. I had to get my lawyer involved to get her to stop!

Same teacher was sending my boys to the school counselor. They were already seeing a therapist for trama related to abuse. The school counselor was effing up their therapy and their REAL therapist requested that the school sessions stop. I contacted the school and the teacher said, "I don't need your permission to send the boys to the school counselor...it's MY RIGHT to do so!" Wth!? So once again I had to get my lawyer involved and the REAL therapist as well as the boys GAL to get the crappy sessions to stop.

When I found out the school placed my DD in that teacher's classroom for first grade...it was a huge HELL NO! moment.

Another teacher refused to let ds eat the pudding cup I sent for snack as it wasn't healthy enough.

DS was dared by fellow students to test a window to see if it was bullet proof (really stupid but you know how dumb 13 yo boys can be, and he did it right in front of teachers and they said nothing!!) Third time he hit the window, it shattered. The school called me saying that there was an incedent ds had a minor scrape, nothing serious but he couldn't ride the bus home because it made him bleed. I went to pick him up and OMG!!! He needed 15 stitches and came very close to needing a skin graft because they had waited so long to call me the tissue surrounding the cut had to be cut away. It was fileted open!! Scrape my tail!!!

Not highjacking your post...just know that you're not alone!!

I. Hate. Our. Schools! We homeschool all but one now...2016 can't get here fast enough!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
That sounds like an absolute nightmare. :/. Just because I allow you to educate my child for a few hours a day does NOT make you the parent.

I cannot believe the things that schools think they should be allowed o get away with!

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

We have a long history with our local schools overstepping! I could write a book about it! They act like our children belong to them and we have no say over anything. A short list...

Ex has a no contact (court ordered!) order with the kids. DSs teacher felt that since the order didn't specify notes....that it was okay to pass along phone messages to boys! I was very unerstanding at first but then she got smart with me and toldme the note cobtact would continue. I had to get my lawyer involved to het her to stop!

Same teacher was sending my boys to the school counselor. They were already seeing a therapist for trama related to abuse. The school counselor was effing up their theapy and theor REAL therapist requested that the school sesdions stop. I contacted the school and the teacher said, "I don't need your petmisdion to send the boys to the schol counselor...it's MY RIGHT to do so!" Wth!? So once again I had to get my lawyer involved and the REAL therapist as well as the boys GAL to get the crappy sessions to stop.

When I found out the school placed my DD in that teachers classroom for first grade...it was a huge HELL NO! moment.

Another teacher refused to let ds eat the pudding cup I sent for snack as it wasn't healthy enough.

DS was dated by fellow students to test a window to see if it was bullet proof (really stupid but you know how dumb 13 yo boys can be, and he did it right in front of teachers and they said nothing!!) Third time he hit the window, it shattered. The school called me...there was an incedent ds had a minor scrape, nothing serious but he couldn't ride the bus home because it made him bleed. I went to pick him up and OMG!!! He needed 15 stitches and came very close to needing a skin graft because they had waited so long to call me the tissue surrounding the cut had to be cut away. It was fileted open!! Scrape my tail!!!

Not highjacking your post...just know that you're not alone!!

I. Hate. Our. Schools! We homeschool all but one now...2016 can't get here fast enough!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)