Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is buying a bathing suit traumatic or no big deal for you?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 16 Replies

at the beach  Normally it's a traumatic experience for me but went to Penney's and found something right away. Whew, that's done for another two years.

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustThe10ofUs
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Right now? It would be tramatic. I refuse to shop for/ wear swimming suits while pg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I rarely go swimming so I've not been suit shopping in forever. Not sure I"ll even go this year.

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

LOL... I hate shopping for me anyways..

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

No. I'm not one to care what people think about my clothing, lol. I go in, pick up something I think is cute, and walk out (after paying of course).

No one has ever said anything to me, except when I was pregnant with my oldest son, I was at the hotel pool and some chick walked past in the same bikini I had on and said, "Ugh, skank. Put that nasty pregnant belly away." I just looked at her and said, "Yeah, because your flab is MUCH better."

Seriously, the biggest you could get was an XL (cheap Wal-Mart thing) and she needed at least a 3XL. Her bottoms were so stretched out they were see through. I was like, "What an odd person to talk about my "nasty" belly."

CozyCottageWtch
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

i got swim suits but i have this problem that i love them till i put them on and see myself in them then it's instant disgust.

Bknotnobody
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Same thing for me give or take. Only I have to get a new one this year I think. Mine are all out of whack in sizes. Since I've lost weight, gained it, got pregnant, lost weight, and now put back on 5 lbs. I hate you five pounds. Lol. Anyways yes, it's traumatic. I find something I love then realize, my stomach should NOT be out. So it's a pain, as I don't like one pieces either. Maybe one day.

Quoting CozyCottageWtch:

i got swim suits but i have this problem that i love them till i put them on and see myself in them then it's instant disgust.

Bknotnobody
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

And you said nothing other than that and you were pregnant? Lol. I don't think I would of kept my mouth shut when I was pregnant if someone made a comment like that to me, dressed as she was. Lol. Kudos to you for being more of a decent human than I!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

No. I'm not one to care what people think about my clothing, lol. I go in, pick up something I think is cute, and walk out (after paying of course).

No one has ever said anything to me, except when I was pregnant with my oldest son, I was at the hotel pool and some chick walked past in the same bikini I had on and said, "Ugh, skank. Put that nasty pregnant belly away." I just looked at her and said, "Yeah, because your flab is MUCH better."

Seriously, the biggest you could get was an XL (cheap Wal-Mart thing) and she needed at least a 3XL. Her bottoms were so stretched out they were see through. I was like, "What an odd person to talk about my "nasty" belly."

CozyCottageWtch
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

yep. 5 lbs don't seem like a lot but when it comes to clothes it tends to be. I tod my husband today that my pants got smaller  and he laughed. they have gotten so tight in the thighs and butt i honestly thought about finding another pair, yet they still don't fit in the waist. 

with swim suits i tend to wear shirt over then if i am anywhere people besides my family can see me.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Same thing for me give or take. Only I have to get a new one this year I think. Mine are all out of whack in sizes. Since I've lost weight, gained it, got pregnant, lost weight, and now put back on 5 lbs. I hate you five pounds. Lol. Anyways yes, it's traumatic. I find something I love then realize, my stomach should NOT be out. So it's a pain, as I don't like one pieces either. Maybe one day.

Quoting CozyCottageWtch:

Cozy Cottage Witchery- Where we can all talk about our homes, family, organizing and decorating with our spiritual beliefs mixed in it all.

Back to Basics-Where we can go back in time to old fashioned values with our families and home life. Where today's technology is a privilege and but we know we can get by without it.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I just said, "Yeah, because your flab is so much better."

I didn't realize her suit was see through until she walked back by and I saw her backside.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

And you said nothing other than that and you were pregnant? Lol. I don't think I would of kept my mouth shut when I was pregnant if someone made a comment like that to me, dressed as she was. Lol. Kudos to you for being more of a decent human than I!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

And by the way...I'm probably as big now as she was then, so I'd never wear that suit now. I have more sense than that, lol.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)