Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do your kids eat?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 27 Replies

SIL's mom dropped off my niece and nephew. Kristan forgot her cup and Caleb forgot his Nintendo DS so she went back to get them and bring them back.I made pancakes while she was gone and they each at THREE.

She came in and saw them eating and said something. I said, that's their THIRD. She said, "OMG! They each ate three eggs, two pieces of toast, a honey bun, and a pecan spinwheel before I brought them."

I would have POPPED if I tried to eat that much, as big as I am...lol. I put a pancake and a half on each of my boys plates and they didn't even eat all of that.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustThe10ofUs
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have big eaters and little eaters and sometimes my little eaters surprise me and pig out and sometimes my big eaters surprise me and don't eat much at all. We are not a clean plate club kind of house....if they say they are full, that's it. If they want seconds thats fine too. I keep fruits and veggies on hand...i usually cook just enough for one meal because they hate leftovers but there is always sinething healthy and easy to grab if they are still hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Mine have their days....but these two ALWAYS eat and eat and eat.

Now, Keaton....poor kid is always starving, but he eats LITTLE at a time.

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

I have big eaters and little eaters and sometimes my little eaters surprise me and pig pit nd sometimes my big eaters surprise me and don't eat much at all. We are not a clean plate club kind of house....if they say they are full, that's it. If they want seconds thats fine too. I keep fruits and veggies on hand...i usually cook just enough fo

JustThe10ofUs
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
My 18 mo twins eat more than my 7 yr old. They are serious about food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

That's cute!

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

My 18 mo twins eat more than my 7 yr old. They are serious about food.

JennMcBride
by Jenn on May. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

My kids eat a TON lol

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

LOL....That just seems like too much to me. Of course, it was mainly junk, lol.

Quoting JennMcBride:

My kids eat a TON lol

p608319chef
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Some days barely but some days he eats more than me lol!! Some kids like their food!!
mamivon2
by on May. 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM

There are days where im thankful they eat something and then there are days where they dont know when to stop...

k.oder
by on May. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

My oldest is a grazer by nature I think.  She does best if she has food available to her all day and eats smaller amounts.

My 14 month old consistently out-eats her sister by leaps and bounds.......

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My kids are like that too. But they've NEVER at this much at one time.

There's only a 5 minute drive from her house to mine, and she said they ate the eggs, toast, and cheese at her house and the honey bun and pecan spinwheel in the car over here. I had most of the pancakes ready before she got here with them, so about 2 minutes after she left they were eating again.

It's not like there was even 30 minutes in between all of this, lol.

Quoting mamivon2:

There are days where im thankful they eat something and then there are days where they dont know when to stop...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)