Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

PIOG sitting on the school bus floor

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are year around school and started back july 22nd. my son goes to middle school. High school is traditional and started back today... So middle and highschoolers are now on the same bus... My son just informed me, that he had to sit on the bus floor cause there wasnt enough room....

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

That's unsanitary...

Aren't there fire codes on the bus with the number of children in each age range that are allowed?

The last time I was on a bus, there was on the front of the bus above the driver. It should say "Elementary 45, Middle 38, High School 30" I don't know the exact numbers, but it should be there....and if they're over the limit, I'd complain.

The elementary buses where my boys go, run two loads to stay under the limit.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I assume there are.. I really dont know if it was just one  time thing or what..

Quoting IncognitoOne:

That's unsanitary...

Aren't there fire codes on the bus with the number of children in each age range that are allowed?

The last time I was on a bus, there was on the front of the bus above the driver. It should say "Elementary 45, Middle 38, High School 30" I don't know the exact numbers, but it should be there....and if they're over the limit, I'd complain.

The elementary buses where my boys go, run two loads to stay under the limit.

mygirls2012
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is a safety hazzard, there are limits on how many children the bus can hold. I used to drive up to a 78 passenger bus, If he had to sit on the floor he needs to let the busdriver know and not sit on the floor, have him get off the bus and they should put him on another bus or somehow get him home, it is their responsibility to provide transportation and I would also report it to the school or supers office if it continues as again it is a saftey hazzard and is not allowed.

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I would call the school and his company and report them immediately!

That is disgusting and dangerous.
MaceesMamma
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I had to do it in high school for a while I prefered sitting on the steps to a seat I could be the first one to get off

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:08 AM
That's disgusting and completely unsafe!

I would be making phone calls immediately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I hope you called!  I'd be pissed.. So not safe!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)