Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Hi I am new and looking to move to NC

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
  • 34 Replies

I am considering movint to NC in a year or 2 but I am doing as much research as possible. Good schools are important to me, dd is 6 right now and her education is priority. I would like an idea of a "to do" list of things I would have to do before moving. Find a job, apartment so on and on. How did you guys decided to move and how did you do it? Thanks 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM
What part are you moving too?
kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Um looking into the Winston-Salem are.

Quoting m.garcia21: What part are you moving too?
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

Quoting kaylasmom22: Um looking into the Winston-Salem are.

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I don't know anyone in NC,im just tired of NYC

Quoting m.garcia21: Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Well nc is a preety calm place. I think its a great place to rise kids im originally from california and they had an awful school system. I went to school in sc and it was great. Im sure nc schools arent bad etheir.

Quoting kaylasmom22: I don't know anyone in NC,im just tired of NYC

Quoting m.garcia21: Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM
We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM
NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Yeah, it will definitely be different the NYC:)
What kind of job???? Just you and your child/ren?

Quoting kaylasmom22: NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN