Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Hi I am new and looking to move to NC

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering movint to NC in a year or 2 but I am doing as much research as possible. Good schools are important to me, dd is 6 right now and her education is priority. I would like an idea of a "to do" list of things I would have to do before moving. Find a job, apartment so on and on. How did you guys decided to move and how did you do it? Thanks 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I work and have worked as a receptionist for 10+ years in the dental field but Im willing to look somewhere else. Its just dd,dh and me but dh will have the hardest at finding a job,he is a driver here but it will be hard for him over there since he won't know the roads

Quoting all2gethernow: Yeah, it will definitely be different the NYC:)

What kind of job???? Just you and your child/ren?

Quoting kaylasmom22: NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Why Winston Salem???

Quoting kaylasmom22: I work and have worked as a receptionist for 10+ years in the dental field but Im willing to look somewhere else. Its just dd,dh and me but dh will have the hardest at finding a job,he is a driver here but it will be hard for him over there since he won't know the roads

Quoting kaylasmom22: NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I met a mom on here who lives there and right now its the only person I know lmao. I mean I have been told of so many towns I just picked that one and started researching it.

Quoting all2gethernow: Why Winston Salem???

Quoting kaylasmom22: I work and have worked as a receptionist for 10+ years in the dental field but Im willing to look somewhere else. Its just dd,dh and me but dh will have the hardest at finding a job,he is a driver here but it will be hard for him over there since he won't know the roads

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I strongly recommend the triangle area-Durham Raleigh Chapel Hill. Small area many companies, lots of opportunity. College towns with tons of new businesses. Great schools, parks, festivals. This area is growing and blooming. So much opportunity:)

Quoting kaylasmom22: I met a mom on here who lives there and right now its the only person I know lmao. I mean I have been told of so many towns I just picked that one and started researching it.

kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Quoting all2gethernow: I strongly recommend the triangle area-Durham Raleigh Chapel Hill. Small area many companies, lots of opportunity. College towns with tons of new businesses. Great schools, parks, festivals. This area is growing and blooming. So much opportunity:)

Quoting kaylasmom22: I met a mom on here who lives there and right now its the only person I know lmao. I mean I have been told of so many towns I just picked that one and started researching it.

I had oroginally research Chappel Hill but then talking with these mom I also researched Winston Salem. I will do more research and I would like to know if I could pm you with some questions I will have lol

all2gethernow
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely:)

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting all2gethernow: I strongly recommend the triangle area-Durham Raleigh Chapel Hill. Small area many companies, lots of opportunity. College towns with tons of new businesses. Great schools, parks, festivals. This area is growing and blooming. So much opportunity:)

I had oroginally research Chappel Hill but then talking with these mom I also researched Winston Salem. I will do more research and I would like to know if I could pm you with some questions I will have lol

ColleenF30
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in Raleigh (Ohio transplant), and I love it here!

kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM

You'd probably do best i the triangle. Welcome to the group. 

Freckles4u
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I'd have to agree... My favorite parts on NC are... Huntersville (just north if Charlotte), Asheville, Raleigh, and Cary... I know Raleigh, Cary, and huntersville have good schools. Also closer to or are larger areas.

denise3680
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM

We live in Holly springs, it is right outside of Raleigh:0  We love it here.  We are transplants here, military but I did alot of research and found the schools to be excellent, very low crime rate and a very safe neighborhood.  I do not know much about Winston-Salem, to far away but I love the area i live in:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN