Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Hi I am new and looking to move to NC

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering movint to NC in a year or 2 but I am doing as much research as possible. Good schools are important to me, dd is 6 right now and her education is priority. I would like an idea of a "to do" list of things I would have to do before moving. Find a job, apartment so on and on. How did you guys decided to move and how did you do it? Thanks 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
happyolechimp
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM
the roads will be so easy down here hun...
he'll luv it...so will you...I'll sell you my house in a small town near Charlotte...lottsa jobs...look near a place called...Denver NC, Lincolnton,NC
if you didn't want to drive into Charlotte..new dental labs around..lottsa trucking...it'll be a breeze..
we are selling our house in spring..RV lifestyle.
we have a nice yard.1 acre..good neighbors .country..not far from stores..wmart..grocery oh all od those 8 miles..around $60,000 or lease to own. shade trees. big back porch goldfish ponds..
bmw29
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Just curious but where are you exactly? I'm in Gastonia but closer t to Belmont and Clover. I have some friends looking for a place and that sounds nice. :-)

Quoting happyolechimp: the roads will be so easy down here hun...

he'll luv it...so will you...I'll sell you my house in a small town near Charlotte...lottsa jobs...look near a place called...Denver NC, Lincolnton,NC

if you didn't want to drive into Charlotte..new dental labs around..lottsa trucking...it'll be a breeze..

we have a nice yard.1 acre..good neighbors .country..not far from stores..wmart..grocery oh all od those 8 miles..around $60,000 or lease to own. shade trees. big back porch goldfish ponds..
happyolechimp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:07 AM
right now we're in the RV in sc...my dh finishing
this..hopefully last job...
our house is in a community...Iron Station..near Denver...between Lincolnton &Charlotte....

Quoting bmw29: Just curious but where are you exactly? I'm in Gastonia but closer t to Belmont and Clover. I have some friends looking for a place and that sounds nice. :-)

bmw29
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That may be further away than she's looking but I have family over that way. :) Hopefully y'all will sbe exploring in your RV soon.

Quoting happyolechimp: right now we're in the RV in sc...my dh finishing

this..hopefully last job...

our house is in a community...Iron Station..near Denver...between Lincolnton &Charlotte....

Quoting bmw29: Just curious but where are you exactly? I'm in Gastonia but closer t to Belmont and Clover. I have some friends looking for a place and that sounds nice. :-)

Mom2Vannah
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I just moved to NC about 5 1/2 months ago (Fayetteville area) due to my job transfer here. It's not bad here, a military town. I would recommend Raleigh, Durman, or Cary.

alaliberte
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I'm in Winston-Salem now, moved from Kansas City, MO two years ago. I love the area, it's quiet and the city isn't too big, nor too small. It's quaint. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Jerri-Berri
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hi. I'm new here to this website. I'm looking to move to NC too in about 7 months. I researched and hear that NC is a great place for kids to grow and nice weather. I'm from STL which is sort of a big city  I'm a single mom of a 6yr girl and looking to move to NC without knowing anyone really. But I like the opportunity to start new with my daughter in a new place. Support is always nice especially from other mothers with the same ambition and goals...... Anyhow  I'm excited about this new journey.

12yrmama
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Thats where I grew up. Good schools, parks, shopping, and the downtown has really come alive in the last few yrs.

Quoting kaylasmom22: Um looking into the Winston-Salem are.

Quoting m.garcia21: What part are you moving too?

kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I'm between Winston Salem or chappel hill. Do you still live in NC

Quoting 12yrmama:

Thats where I grew up. Good schools, parks, shopping, and the downtown has really come alive in the last few yrs.

12yrmama
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Yes, but more west now; for my dh's job. Chapel Hill has better school system and is close to Raleigh but it comes WHOLE lotta other drama. W-S has gotten very nice in the last few years, its a city that is moving forward- maybe becoming a little "yuppie" in some areas lol.

Quoting kaylasmom22: I'm between Winston Salem or chappel hill. Do you still live in NC

Quoting 12yrmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN