Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Hi I am new and looking to move to NC

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering movint to NC in a year or 2 but I am doing as much research as possible. Good schools are important to me, dd is 6 right now and her education is priority. I would like an idea of a "to do" list of things I would have to do before moving. Find a job, apartment so on and on. How did you guys decided to move and how did you do it? Thanks 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Replies (31-34):
BEXi
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Im in Durham too. Coming up on 15 years of being here. LOVE it here.

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
Jesann
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I'm interested in your home. How much of a down payment would you need?

Quoting happyolechimp: the roads will be so easy down here hun...
he'll luv it...so will you...I'll sell you my house in a small town near Charlotte...lottsa jobs...look near a place called...Denver NC, Lincolnton,NC
if you didn't want to drive into Charlotte..new dental labs around..lottsa trucking...it'll be a breeze..
we are selling our house in spring..RV lifestyle.
we have a nice yard.1 acre..good neighbors .country..not far from stores..wmart..grocery oh all od those 8 miles..around $60,000 or lease to own. shade trees. big back porch goldfish ponds..
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I use to live in lexington which is about 30 mins away from w-s. Did you want to live in the city or in the country? If you want country living with great schools, you should try a little town called welcome. They have the best schools in my option.  Also the apartments are pretty cheap and really nice but also depends on where you move.

happyolechimp
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Hi hun...i don't know what the financer requires...we're still in SC..in this canper...we haven't even put it with the realtor yet...
my husbands job got delayed here from all the weather events.
i don't know which state you're in....husband hopes to finish up this job in mid to latter April..
ps...hun...i ran back to say..research...this area....it's country setting...Charlotte is 25 miles from here...huntersville is 14 miles...Lincolnton is 8 miles...then..when we get this job done..house readying for market...I'll send you the listing..
Quoting Jesann: I'm interested in your home. How much of a down payment would you need?

Quoting happyolechimp: the roads will be so easy down here hun...
he'll luv it...so will you...I'll sell you my house in a small town near Charlotte...lottsa jobs...look near a place called...Denver NC, Lincolnton,NC
if you didn't want to drive into Charlotte..new dental labs around..lottsa trucking...it'll be a breeze..
we are selling our house in spring..RV lifestyle.
we have a nice yard.1 acre..good neighbors .country..not far from stores..wmart..grocery oh all od those 8 miles..around $60,000 or lease to own. shade trees. big back porch goldfish ponds..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN