Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Durham!.. Only six months to go!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

My family is relocating and we need help/advice on communities & schools in the surrounding areas.

Moms! Please help, my son is starting high school next year so any advice would make this stressed momma very thankful!

Take care & Thanksgoing crazy

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I'm not from the Durham area but here's a bump so hopefully someone can help.

denise3680
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM

welcome to Nort Carolina.  I am not from that area but here is another bump for ya:)

14LVL
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't live in Durham, but I work in Durham.  I live in North Raleigh.  I have a good friend that relocated to Durham from Baltimore and she absolutely loves it.  Because I only work in Durham, I cannot offer any advice but I remember being so overwhelmed when we moved here, trying to figure out where we should be.  It takes some time before you get your "bearings" and realize how connected everything is.  Personally, I just haven't found that right place in Durham which is why I travel 30 minutes to work.  I am all about "how something feels" and I haven't yet "gotten the home feel" of Durham.  Where are you relocating from?

BEXi
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Hey.. I live in Durham. Itll be 15 years in May since I have moved here.

I love it here! I prefer Northern Durham over anything. I live about 5-10 minute drive from Duke University and Hospitals. There is a lot to do, Farmers Markets in the downtown areas, the restaurants here are awesome! The economy is good here and I really love my sons school. If you want to know which, PM me.

BEXi
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I went to Riverside High.  I liked it. Northern High School is even more into northern durham. My husband went there and said he liked it. I have always thought it was a little more rough than Riverside though.

Drahn9169
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Thank you for replying, we're thinking of looking into Raleigh, Cary, Apex etc. Please stay in touch I can use the advice! Have a great daygood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)