Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Marry him? What happened to your high school sweetheart?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 26 Replies

What happened to your high school sweetheart?

Did you marry him? If not, are you still in touch with him?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Pretty sure my high school boyfriend is gay now....yikes! I did not marry him, we broke up sophomore year of college after dating since freshman year of high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

yep, married mine :)

we were together for 2 years, and broke up my senior year of HS, cause we wanted to grow up and experience life

we got back toether 3 years later after bumping into each other at a frat party

been HAPPILY married for 17 years :)

but I feel old when I say we have known each other for 25 years!

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a few boyfriends in high school was even engaged, but he was an abusive jerk. I know he got married and since divorced, but I have no contact with any of them. I hope they are all happy though.

My husband never dated anyone in high school. I was his first! <3

Crissy2424
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM

The one I cared about the most in high school broke up with me after we dated 10 months. Yes, we are still in contact. It was his idea because he wanted to still just be friends.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I married my high school sweet heart but my husband was already out of school lol.

Crissy2424
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Glad you got away from an abusive guy. That is sweet that your husband didn't date anyone until you! Awesome!

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I had a few boyfriends in high school was even engaged, but he was an abusive jerk. I know he got married and since divorced, but I have no contact with any of them. I hope they are all happy though.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Thanks! Me too! I know I didn't believe him when he told me, thought he was just trying to make me feel good. But his parents and brother confirmed he never had a gf before me. They knew I meant a lot to him because of that. <3 He told me he didn't want to waste any time on anyone if it wasn't the real thing and was going to last. Makes me feel extra special. :)

Quoting Crissy2424:

Glad you got away from an abusive guy. That is sweet that your husband didn't date anyone until you! Awesome!

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

manda.
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM
We split up at the end of our junior year. His dad like hated me lol
He is with his best friends little sister and they are expecting their second baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda.
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Oh and we do not keep in touch. I hear from things from a close friend of mine that speaks to him.

Quoting manda.:

We split up at the end of our junior year. His dad like hated me lol

He is with his best friends little sister and they are expecting their second baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

He lives in Jersey now. I found out in Jan he married. It broke my heart. We were SUPER close for years and years he was my very best friend in the world for a long time but he then dated another of my friends and hurt her and it caused a fight and we got angry and never spoke again for a few years. We tried talking a bit later maybe a 2-3 or so years ago for a for a few months but he found the girl he's now married to and shut out everyone from home except for his best friend. I miss him daily. =\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN