Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Did you hear about the cantaloupe recall?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Apprently Cantaloupe recently sold has contained salmonlia. I recntly bought some at Shaw's for DS birthday party so I contacted their customer service to ask about it.

No Shaws in NH purchases cantaloupe from the growers that are infected! Not sure about other stores but I wanted to spread the word :P

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crissy2424
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Thank you very much!! We don't buy cantaloupe so we are good lol but still good to know.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Thank you! Not cantaloupe eaters here, but thanks for sharing for the others that are!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

This really freaked me out because I regularally feed my glider cantaloupe but we didn't seem to get any otherwise my little guy wouldn't have made it threw. So glad! It sucks because some times we get stuff from DH's work and he gets the most recall stuff! But thankfully we bought it at walmart on one of our random trips and didn't seem to get a bad one. 

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

yeah our iguanas used to eat it all the time but they regularly have samolinlia in their systems anyway and it doesnt affected them like it does us. But my kids eat it like crazy. I want to contact market basket too but I am thinking now that stores know about it it has probably been pulled off the shelves so any I buy this week is probably safe

Quoting rosemagic01:

This really freaked me out because I regularally feed my glider cantaloupe but we didn't seem to get any otherwise my little guy wouldn't have made it threw. So glad! It sucks because some times we get stuff from DH's work and he gets the most recall stuff! But thankfully we bought it at walmart on one of our random trips and didn't seem to get a bad one. 

BaezBoyz
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Ohhh you have a glider?...  We just recently got one.. he only wants to eat frozen corn. Does your glider eat a variety of things? And is he friendly?

Quoting rosemagic01:

•*¨`*•
✫ (¯`'•.¸ //(*_*)\\ ¸.•'´¯)
ƸӜƷ *`• .… ** *.•
R.I.P Caylee Anthony

rosemagic01
by Holli on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Can I ask where you got him?

Try fresh fruits and veggies. Although its a pain you can freeze them but naturally cut and frozen is a lot better and has much less additives than stuff that comes frozen. Have you tried watermelon? Thats my babies favorite. Watermelon and some times he goes nuts for blueberries. He eats just about everything that they can he's big into berries too strawberries black berries raspberries but he'll eat cukes, corn, melons, red apples, plums are another of his faves! A couple of other things.

Friendly....Umm he's got a bit of a story he's friendly to a point he doesn't bite or anything people can touch him and he won't flip but he is nervous and extremely bonded to only my husband. We rescued him and he wasn't very bonded before people make him nervous and he's extremely hand shy. But he's a very good guy just cranky. 

Quoting BaezBoyz:

Ohhh you have a glider?...  We just recently got one.. he only wants to eat frozen corn. Does your glider eat a variety of things? And is he friendly?

Quoting rosemagic01:

jennient3
by Jennie on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I have to look into, hubby just grabbed one, we havent eaten it yet, but my son loves them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)