Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

DH & I have been thinking more about...............

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 14 Replies

.......baby #2 lately. He has gotten more serious about it and is actually suprising himself at how serious he is getting. Well, we made love the other night and yesterday morning he confessed to me...."I was thinking about making a baby last night while we were together." He didn't mean he would knock me up without me agreeing to it, but it sent a jolt through me when he said that. TMI but the way we were doing it (with or without a condom) wouldn't have gotten me pregnant if you get my drift, lol. Anyways, so the first step, I told him was to talk to our Park Manager because each home can only have 4 people max due to the water supply or something. Technically it is me, my dad, my DH and our DD. My dad doesn't live here anymore, but owns the house (it is a double wide in a VERY nice trailer park).

So realistically it is just me, DD and DH so a second child would make it 4 people living here. If that is the case, then we wouldn't have to move out. We are awaiting a call-back from the manager. If she says yes, it would be okay then we could move ahead and take more steps to be prepared for making another child. Second thing if she says yes would be for me to get a check-up to see if I'm healthy to have another. I am only concerned because I had Gallbladder Surgery a little over 2 months ago. I should be fine, but I want to make sure.

That's all I have thought of so far. I guess having one child makes it hard to make another (or it might just be me) because you know what to expect....lack of sleep, expenses, routines disrupted...it is truly life changing. DH says all the 'hardships' of having another child don't out-weigh the joys of having a baby. That touched me! I feel he is more ready than I am!

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karen_Dover
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

That's pretty exciting! I agree that it makes it harder to decide to have a baby after you've had the first because you know how hard it's going to be. But then again, I hear the second is easier because you have the first baby to help keep them entertained. Good luck with whatever you guys end up deciding. Keep us posted!

Crissy2424
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! Yes, we both agree she would be an AMAZING big sister!

Crissy2424
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Man it is nerve racking just thinking about it!

AmesCSki
by Amy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Wow!!!! How exciting!!!! Good luck with the thinking/discussing. DH and I discussed having our first for like a year hahaha so I know how the hemming and hawing goes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

That about how long we have been tossing the idea around. We do know that we are stopping at 2.

Quoting AmesCSki:

Wow!!!! How exciting!!!! Good luck with the thinking/discussing. DH and I discussed having our first for like a year hahaha so I know how the hemming and hawing goes!

ckroch
by Colleen on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Yea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I think its easier to have them close in age and get all those sleepless nights out of the way early on. I wouldn't want to get used to having my sleep again and then at like 5 or 6 have another and start fresh all over again. I've been pretty happy with the 21 month difference in them most of the time. Although there are days they are a pain I am sure they would be if they were spaced ore too :)

Crissy2424
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Well, I got news that we wouldn't be kicked out so we could have another child and still live here. The only thing is, this place would feel smaller with another child tacked on. So we could get by space wise for a couple years, but then we would need to start looking for another place.

DH says that after this semester he could get an entry-level job and make good money. His semester is up in December, he gets a better job anyway with his old club job in January....so we could start TTC by Jan or Feb latest if all works out. Or we could wait a year.

I just don't know! It seems like there is no ideal time. It's not like I want to wait 2 or 3 years :( I don't want my second baby to be 6 years younger than DD :(

jennient3
by Jennie on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Good luck, I'm sure you will make the right decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
The timing will never to be right if you try to wait till perfect scenario! Just go for it, let the pieces fall into place on their own..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN