Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

What would be the first thing you would try to change if you were President?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 46 Replies

What would be the first thing you tried to change if your were President?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
granitegal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM
5 moms liked this

I would want to make gay marriage legal in all 50 states. I think this is one of those issues we are going to look back on in 20 years and shake our heads that it took so long (like woman being able to vote).

Crissy2424
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM
4 moms liked this

Have the Rich pay the correct taxes or more taxes. I would want more funding for big issues like homelessness, healthcare for those who can't afford insurance, animal and child abuse, cancer, etc.

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I dont think I would make a good president. I dont even know where I would even begin to try to fix things

ckroch
by Colleen on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM
List is so long...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM
List is so long...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DNewman
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Equality and Education!

bowlingmom06
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:55 AM
4 moms liked this

If I were president, I couldnt do much without a rational House and Senate. I would, however, publicise weekly listings of what the House and Senate are doing(voting, hearings, vacations and such). I would make it so everyone would have access whether it was email, newspapers, search sites(yahoo,google,msn...), social media, the television newscasts...

Savedfromsin79
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this

THE MEDICAID FRAUD..

I would make the price for doing it sooooo steep that it was absolutely not worth it. 

Fraud is already a FEDERAL OFFENCE! And it is already a FELONY..

So you just make the fines and the jail time DOUBLE OR TRIPLE what they are now!

Byrd15
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Pulling back our troops. Its time for them to come home.

Bringing back death row. I'm sick of our tax money going to keeping alive someone who murdered someone. 

Legalizing Gay Marriage... As a religious person I dont care for the idea, but its already legal in some states, lets make it even and stop fighting it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

HyperMom38
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this

I would balance the budget by cutting unneccesary spending- like huge paychecks and benefits for members of congress and senate- they would get to see what it is like to live on middle class wages or social security and medicare.  The USA would become the largest NEUTRAL nation in the world.  All our troups would come home, be deployed state side, and work to fix our own problems here at home.  (I don't think spending billions to blow a country up and then rebuild it is in the best interest of our people when we have homeless, starving and poor right here in every town and city across America.)  I would also tax the richest of the rich at a higher level and make it so that money put in swiss and cayman banks is still taxable- no where to hide it!  I would give HEAP, Medicaid and Food Stamps to everyone in the lower class- not just those that are desperately poor, but for all those that would struggle otherwise.  I would make wind and solar energy tax breaks to make it way more appealing for companies to develop and use these sources rather than oil products.  I could go on and on....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN