Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would be the first thing you would try to change if you were President?

Posted by   + Show Post

What would be the first thing you tried to change if your were President?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
ambermario4ever
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM
5 moms liked this
I would go back to the gold slandered and back all our money with real gold. I would also go to small government and get rid of public health care.
sashamom03
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I would stop giving money to the Middle East. They are freeloading off the US. And get our troops out of there.
iluv2read
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Less money spent building up nations overseas and more spent right here at home fixing the many issues we're dealing with here. Stop bombing nations and helping them rebuild and instead focus on the homeless right here in our own country.

HaileysMom07180
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i would make requirements for food stamps and such similar to unemployement, i think they need to be required to job search.  i know of way too many ppl who refuse to get jobs just because their food stamps will go down, these same ppl have been known to have children to make their assistance go up.  i know that in most cases thats just applied, but i've seen that there are ppl willing to actually have children for that case.  its sick and needs to be stopped

TabM
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Marriage equality

jessi2girls
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The first thing? I would create a completely different job bill that would:

1- completely overhaul how PA is done. I wouldn't remove it, but I would definitely fix it! 

2- would put a cap on salaries for HIGHER PAID government employees (senators, presidents, basically anyone over 100k a year). And any promotions and salary increases would have to be approved in a town/county/state vote (pending on the official).

3-Do a complete overhaul of the IRS and how taxes are done.

4- bring factories back to america by better incentives for factories owners to keep business in america, and a higher tax of goods coming in that are manufactured overseas.

There is obviously a lot more that the bill would have to include, and obviously a ton more details.. but this is basically where i would start for the FIRST THING I did if I were president.

After the economy the second thing I would do would be some of the more political issues.. 1- make gay marriage legal completely in the US.. 2-create laws to better protect victims in cases of things like DWIs, Rape victims, child abuse, etc..3-revamp the prison system so it wasnt' such a drain on the economy.. etc.

MsDenuninani
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Lock Congress in the Capital.  No one leaves until they balance the budget.

KamiLynn
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Education!!!!!

moosesmom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

So I saw this post on the front page. I'm not apart of the group but just wanted to drop in. Ms. Crissy, I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on why you think the rich should pay more taxes. 

Thanks for letting me stop by New Hampshire Moms :-)

Quoting Crissy2424:

Have the Rich pay the correct taxes or more taxes. I would want more funding for big issues like homelessness, healthcare for those who can't afford insurance, animal and child abuse, cancer, etc.

diospira
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I would pull our troops out of the rest of the world.

War the biggest big gov program

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)