Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Drunken Mom in Salem Trying to Drive Away With Kids in the Car is a Sad Story

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

On Tuesday night in Salem, a mother of three children was arrested for child endangerment as her children looked on. A bystander called police after trying to obtain Gina Suliveras' car keys from her as she was attempting to drive off with her children in the car. She was extremely intoxicated

Suliveras was also charged with aggravated DWI and criminal threatening for telling the arresting police officer that she was a nurse and that if she ever had the option of treating him or his family that harm would come to them.

The most heartbreaking part? The oldest child begged the bystander not to call the police on their mother because they had supposedly already called their aunt to come pick them up. It just sounds like those kids have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Not that I am condoning Suliveras' behavior, but I really feel sorry for her. What mother in her right mind would choose to drive drunk with her children in the car? This is something so desperate, so sad, that we all are capable of doing given the right conditions.

Did this story break your heart too?

©istockphoto.com/alejandrophotography

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lillucky8
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Aww, thats terrible that she tried to make such an endangering choice, im glad someone called the police so the kids didnt get physically hurt or killed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I'm just glad those kids are safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

No I don't know the moms history, but as it stands I don't feel sorry for the mom. I hope she gets a good consequence. Yes children need their parents, but their safety comes first. Sad story.

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

they would have probably been safer if she left them alone at home for the few minutes :( if they already have a preprogrammed plea to let them be its probably not the first time. And as a nurse you are supposed to save lives, not threaten to kill people when they cant defend themselevs. That is low! and I hope she gets fired for it.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Wow, so sad. Glad someone called the police and the kids were safe.

granitegal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

So sad! I'm so glad the kids are safe!

ckroch
by Colleen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Sad,, and infuriating!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)