Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

For Those Married Mamas

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 27 Replies

Where did you get married and what was your theme? How do you feel about your wedding years later?

Mine was a Hawaiian Wedding. We got married in the stiffling hot of July. We were wed in our local Town Hall. I wish I had been pure and could of been married in a church in a white dress. However, I'm married to my best friend who wont ever stop loving me. He is my everything!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM
We got married in Maine at the church my great grandfather built when he moved to the US from Denmark. We got married 2 days after Christmas so the decorations were Christmas-y. It was a very small wedding (most of DH's friends were deployed so we had less 50 people--maybe like 35? I don't remember) and anyway DH and I and some family members actually all had food poisoning from the Christmas dinner we'd had 2 days earlier!!! So we were VERY sick--we couldn't drink or dance or anything--we did a toast with ginger ale. We look very sick in our wedding photos. It was awful at the time but looking back now we laugh. At either our 5 year or 10 year anniversary we are going to do a vow renewal and sort of re-do the whole thing to make up for it. We will be having our third anniversary this year on December 27.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Congrats on the anniversary. I am glad you guys are going to re-do it. We thought about that, but we would rather just do a reception-type thing. We didn't really have one. We are thinking our 5, 7 or 10 yr anniversary.

Quoting AmesCSki:

We got married in Maine at the church my great grandfather built when he moved to the US from Denmark. We got married 2 days after Christmas so the decorations were Christmas-y. It was a very small wedding (most of DH's friends were deployed so we had less 50 people--maybe like 35? I don't remember) and anyway DH and I and some family members actually all had food poisoning from the Christmas dinner we'd had 2 days earlier!!! So we were VERY sick--we couldn't drink or dance or anything--we did a toast with ginger ale. We look very sick in our wedding photos. It was awful at the time but looking back now we laugh. At either our 5 year or 10 year anniversary we are going to do a vow renewal and sort of re-do the whole thing to make up for it. We will be having our third anniversary this year on December 27.

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Ceremony: castle in the clouds
Reception: chase house in merideth
Theme: Alice in wonderland.

:) I still think it was beautiful. Feels like a dream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I hope to have a beautiful anniversary reception in a few years.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I was married at St. Eulalia Church in Winchester MA. My reception was at The Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers MA, August 24, 1991.

Back 21 years ago, weddings didn't have themes. That's been sort of new maybe the last idk...10ish years.

MomTiara19
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I had what you would call a garden wedding...with an upscale twist.

It was at my mom and step dads home which is stunning with a lovely back yard.

We had white linen round tables in the back with purple flowers in lavender vases on them,it was catered and we had servers,a harpist,a lovely flowered archway.

A beautiful day...we have been married now over 13 years:)

~Tia

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting Crissy2424:

Where did you get married and what was your theme? How do you feel about your wedding years later?

Mine was a Hawaiian Wedding. We got married in the stiffling hot of July. We were wed in our local Town Hall. I wish I had been pure and could of been married in a church in a white dress. However, I'm married to my best friend who wont ever stop loving me. He is my everything!

You know, many women are doing vow renewals in churches and wedding dresses.

I may have worn ivory...then again..maybe white..it's been so long I don't remember..lol

I get the pure thing but I don't think God is going to damn any woman to hell for wearing a wedding dress and getting married in the church and not being "pure". It's what's in your heart that matters.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We were married by my aunt who was a Justice of the Peace in our apartment living room. The only other person who was there was my uncle as a witness. My family was "there" by webcam, but that was it. They were not happy about us getting married, neither was dh's parents. Our "reception" was my aunt and uncle taking us to dinner after marrying us. We wouldn't have had it any other way at the time since everyone was against us. We do plan to renew our vows hopefully for our 10th anniversary, which will be in 2014. :)

jennient3
by Jennie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I got married in a Greek Orthodox Church in a white dress nearly 5 months pregnant. My wedding was planned before the baby. Lol. I had the typical " my big fat Greek wedding" I did it for hubby it was important to him, I have an Italian family it was quite the reception , I didn't really have a theme with decorations it was reds and silver and white, we got married in may. We would love to have a personal ceremony renewing our vows at 20 years. Next may we will celebrate 18 yrs. I don't regret a thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM
We got married in ST. John, US Virgin Islands. It was amazing. Our families went. We rented a giant villa (amazing luxury, pool, amazing views) and our families stayed in the villa with us. We had a seperate building as are room, so very private while being with family. It was amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)