Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Where did you get married and what was your theme? How do you feel about your wedding years later?

Mine was a Hawaiian Wedding. We got married in the stiffling hot of July. We were wed in our local Town Hall. I wish I had been pure and could of been married in a church in a white dress. However, I'm married to my best friend who wont ever stop loving me. He is my everything!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-27):
merryvoice
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hubby was a Marine at the time, so that was our theme. We had a little element of prince/princess but it wasn't much. We couldn't really afford anything. I do wish that I could have it all my way, because I let my mom and her friend take over. For our 15th, I would love to do Phantom of the Opera theme, since that is my most favorite book/movie/musical/story ever. 

Mom2Just1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

No theme. Not really into themes.  We were married in a church, purple/yellow colors, and reception was held in the fellowship hall of the church.  We would change a lot of it and will be having a vowel renewal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

akitademon
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Got married in a court house ten days before our daughter was born we moved a lot due to his job never anywhere more than six months do getting married was due to moving from state to state but yesterday was our ninth anniversary and we plan to have a real wedding when renew our vows next year or may on our fifteenth anniversary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM

we did a ceremony at the town park and had our friend ordained to perform it. No real theme. Very few people flew out to Orlando fo it. We ate at Boston Lobster feast for dinner. No dancing no music. very small and low key but it fit our budget and I am still happy with it. we spent about 1/2 our budget on a photographer though and I think he did a terrible job. Thats the only thing I would have changed

rosemagic01
by Holli on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM

We got married in Gilford on a farm it was pretty there but I wouldn't do it there again. I hated it more than anything.

To be honest I didn't think I cared. I figured just get this over with and done and then we can move on. DH picked most everything. His mom made my dress which I hated. I don't even have wedding photo's anymore. I have a picture of the cake that BIL made that I adored but thats about it. 

Some day we'll renew our vows in York.

Buggaboosmama
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

we got married in a court house exactly 3 years from when we started dating. both families were there and we plan on renewing our vows on our 5 year anniversary so our friends can be there 

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

We got married in a Catholic church in our hometown neighborhood (city just outside of Boston, both of our families have lived there going back several generations) Reception was at a function facility one city over.

Everything was perfect. Even the stuff that got messed up is a funny story now - my MIL falling out of the party bus (she was fine), the rain and the mud that's still on my dress almost a decade later, having a little too much to drink and dancing to songs I asked my DJ not to play. All stuff that most picky brides would have flipped out over. I didn't care, we threw a party for 146 of our closest friends and family that they still talk about today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN