Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Vaccinate Your Child?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 21 Replies

Many parents in New Hampshire already opt out of vaccinating their children and cite various medical or religious reasons, but the number of parents who don't vaccinate will probably rise if a bill being pushed by NH Rep. George Lambert is passed. The bill would allow parents to exempt themselves from vaccinating their children based on conscientious beliefs.

Several other states in the country allow parents to use conscientious beliefs as an excuse to skip vaccinations, including Washington, Vermont and California. This allows parents to bypass signing off on a religious waiver. Only children with serious medical conditions can use a medical issue to get out of vaccinations.

I just can't get behind the anti-vaccination mindset. I mean, it's been disproven that vaccines cause Autism, and what they are protecting against is so much worse than any other adverse issues that might arise from a vaccination. I'm a big fan of herd immunity and keeping horrific diseases out of the general population. Washington State, one of the opt-out states, has had recent issues with Whooping Cough outbreaks, caused by parents not vaccinating their children.

Do you vaccinate your children? If not, why?

Šistockphoto.com/surabky

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crissy2424
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I Vax my child to keep her healthy.

SevysMomma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not vax my children, to keep them healthy.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I've vax-ed both my boys and they're almost full grown adults. I'd be interested to hear reasons from a non-vaxing mom because I can't think of any reason not to. (no offense meant). They have preservative and latex free vaccines now.

My eldest is a college freshman living in a dorm. I vaxed him for meningitis and the flu (more for the H1N1 than seasonal).

Last year, there were SO many patients in the medical ICU (MICU) that there were at least 5 MICU boarders in other ICU's (patients that should be in the MICU but they were full) for either the flu or H1N1.

I've already helped 5 patients this fall that are "rule out meningitis"

jennient3
by Jennie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I vax with certain things others no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I completely vaccinate both my boys and other than the occasional common cold they are strong and happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
DD is now 6 months and will get her 6-month set of shots on Wednesday. I've fully vaccinated her, she's had shots at all her appointments. I don't understand parents who don't vaccinate their children but I do believe people are free to make their own choices and do what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I vax all my kids.

granitegal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do.

Mom2Just1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  Fully.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

ckroch
by Colleen on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree

Quoting Crissy2424:

I Vax my child to keep her healthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)