Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Best Childhood Holiday Memory?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

Whats the best childhood memory of the holidays do you have?

What made it so special?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM

This would probably be the year that I swore I saw Santa. I'm not sure if it was a dream or what but honestly it was so real. 

I woke up and heard some loud banging around. I was terrified but I snuck into the living room after it settled down. I went to the christmas tree and saw a pink and purple bike set up. My very first bike ever. It was exactly what I wanted. I remember looking out the window to see santa and his reindeer fly up towards the sky. 

Seriously I was like 5 maybe 6ish? The bike is exactly what I got. I climbed back into bed. I did get that bike. Up until I was probably 10 I stood by everything I saw. Now I wonder if it was a dream. Part of me hopes it wasn't though still to this day. Its nice to believe in a little bit of magic. =)

Also this is my oldest memory that I have. I don't remember my childhood much until age 10-11. Maybe a small handful of things that happened before that. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:29 AM

My best memory...I don't have just one. I remember picking up my great grandmother from the Cape for Thanksgiving..it was pouring a monsoon all the way home. She sat in the back seat, (refused to sit in front) and said a rosary all the way to my parents house.

My 2nd memory is when my mom's side of the family used to get together on Christmas eve and my great aunt's house. I literally spent the entire night laughing my hiney off! OMG..my Uncle Paul and cousin Paul, were TOO funny!!

jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:34 AM
I remember getting my record player!! Yes I'm old lol. It was an awesome Christmas and the last that my parents were together. I was oblivious to their marriage troubles and I remember we all just seemed so happy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I dont have a year that i recall at all really. My mom was always sick and after she died my dad was terrible. When I look back I tend to only see bad times and try as hard as i can never seem to be able to pick out good ones :(

rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

*hugs* I'm sorry. This wasn't supposed to stir up bad memories or feelings.

Quoting lasombrs:

I dont have a year that i recall at all really. My mom was always sick and after she died my dad was terrible. When I look back I tend to only see bad times and try as hard as i can never seem to be able to pick out good ones :(

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a few...one year getting my new bike, one year going with my mom to pick out a tree to get cut down, getting my ps2....

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my favorite memories is of falling asleep every year on Christmas Eve listening to Christmas music that my parents had on (Oldies 103, I believe! lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)