Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Best Gift Given

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

Whats the best gift you've ever given to another? Why was it the best gift?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Best gift I ever gave was to a friend of mine for Xmas. She had wanted this bracelet for the longest time and pined over it forever. She hinted to her bf for weeks and weeks and he came up with some really lame gift. She cried because he simply never gave too much of a damn to listen to her. 

I bought it for her had it engaved with her name and everything. I don't normally let people hug me I didn't even see her coming she attacked me with the biggest hug ever. I think it she was happier that someone was actually listening more than the gift itself. 

ckroch
by Colleen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM
Aww, that's sweet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:16 AM

That is a really nice story.

IDk...I'd have to ask..LOL. (gee, that makes me feel sad..)

jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Sending my best friend anonymously some cash for Christmas, she was in so much trouble and worried about it. I
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was in highschool I gave 4 of my American girl dolls, every single book, outfit, and acessory they ever owned, hand made wardrobes and furniture to a nun my grandmother knew and asked her to find 4 little girls and give each one a complete set. Probaby easily almost $700 worth of stuff per girl. I never knew who got them but I like to think it made their Christmas for sure

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

It was recently, actually. We had gotten two turkeys for this past thanksgiving. I had DH run it across the road to our neighbor who couldn't afford one. I guess she came to tears and almost cried. It felt good that we could help like that.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

That was very sweet of you guys! 

Quoting Crissy2424:

It was recently, actually. We had gotten two turkeys for this past thanksgiving. I had DH run it across the road to our neighbor who couldn't afford one. I guess she came to tears and almost cried. It felt good that we could help like that.

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a small one, but it felt good to give back!

Quoting rosemagic01:

That was very sweet of you guys! 

Quoting Crissy2424:

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Mine wasn't for Christmas, it was on my wedding day. My husband and I paid for our wedding and honeymoon ourselves and we were so broke by the time the wedding came around! When I was at the hotel getting ready, I called his brother and had him get my gift to him (a Citizens watch) from on top of the fridge. He thought his brother gave it to him, I could hear him gushing over it and thanking his brother over the phone LOL When he told him it was actually from me he was in shock that I was able to pull that off. Still wears it almost ten years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)