Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

keep ds in your thoughts tonight

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

we are going to Manchester tonight for a sleep study and EEG. They are going to hook over 30 wires to him head to toe and watch him over night. No idea how it will go or what we will find out. We get the results in 2 weeks. So wish us luck!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I hope things went smooth
Hope you have the answers you need
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Yikes! Good luck to you all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM
The worst part for my dd was holding still long enough to attach the leads. And then trying to wash the goop out of her hair. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Thats what worries me. Cace has long hair because he freaks if you touch his head. And he does not do well with water and baths. He can't tip his head back (its a sensory thing he just cant do it, you cant even force it back) so he feels like he is drowning the whole time you try to wash his hair and he thrashs wildly and screams bloody murder.

They claim they have worked with autistic children before for this test. I just hope those techs are on duty and not someone who thinks he is just being defiant.

Quoting ckroch:

The worst part for my dd was holding still long enough to attach the leads. And then trying to wash the goop out of her hair. Good luck!

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Good luck. Try baby oil for the goupy stuff, it works great with bandaids and tape adhesive, maybe itll work on that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Very best of luck.
Crissy2424
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Oh I pray he deals with this okay :( DD also isn't crazy about her head being tipped back to wash her hair.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

*sigh* I asked his OT at easter seals for tips on how to make it go smoothly and she just burst out laughing. She doesnt think we will be able to get the test done :( She wasn't trying to be mean she just thinks it would be hard on a normal 3 yo never mind Cace. She thinks I should really tire him out and push all his buttons and have him be angry and full meltdowns all day so he is drop dead tired and can't fight at night. Either way he will be pissy and screaming and punching for most of the day or night so I guess I am gonna try to get it out of the way now and maybe he really will sleep tonight

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hope things go smoothly. He will be in my thoughts.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Hope it goes well for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts tonite
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN