Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Christmas Dinner

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

What do you do for Christmas dinner? Or even Christmas Eve?

For those that celebrate christmas of course.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:01 AM
It varies from year to year. Typically though it is a Thanksgiving type dinner...turkey and all the trimmings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM
We change it up. Usually Christmas Eve we do turkey and lasagna, but one year we did tacos lol
I host on Christmas Eve and usually my goal is to have left overs for Christmas Day :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Christmas Eve we have just regular dinner, watch the Grinch and other Christmas movies, then the kiddos open some new pjs.  Christmas dinner is at my in-laws and it's usually just like Thanksgiving.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Everything. My husband's family is Italian and our Xmas Eve is a ton of people. We have turkey, pasta, fish and ham and then sides, appetizers and desserts. It's always too much food, even for the amount of people that are there. Everyone always ends up taking something home.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Christmas eve, with my parents my mom's Italian and loves to do the  7 fishes (ew)..but we do. For me and the boys I'll make mac n cheese or pizza..I'll try to do non meat. Christmas eve with my in-laws is Chinese food.

Christmas day with my side, is usually ravioli's and a prime rib or some other fancy cut of beef. My in-laws do also do a fancy cut of roast. Sometimes my mil allows us to buy the roast. This year I'll offer to pay part of the beef with my brother.

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We go to other families homes. One day is the inlaws and one is my mom/sister. Not sure if we are doing the same day or who is getting what day. At this point they don't care since DD has had her first xmas and whatnot. Still working it out. I think next year we are doing Christmas home and we will go out for pre-christmas to visit family.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Wow. I didn't realize christmas was such a huge family event for some. I guess growing up with only 3 members of a family and then DH's family being so big but for lack of a better word antisocial I wasn't aware that so many did such big plans with others. I hope everyone has fun.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

we go on the 24th to my aunt's for a huge pot luck thing or sometimes they do chinese with everyone bringing a desert or appetizer. the 25 is dh family and it depends where it is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)