Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Gift Opening

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

I've heard that some do it on Christmas. Others do it on Christmas Eve. Some do a gift on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas. What does your family do?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:12 AM

As a kid we always did 1 on christmas eve the rest on Christmas. With my son its always been done on Christmas. This year though we're going to let him open 1 gift early on xmas eve just because he needs a new set of pj's for photo's the next morning lol. So he's going to get his spiderman mask and spiderman pj's (that are basically a costume they look just like his suit) 

=) Gotta make sure he looks cute! And that he's dressed! Thats the biggest fight. He has to be dressed to open gifts?! But he's in the house! Why must he be dressed! The kid hates clothes.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Christmas with my grandmother is always on Christmas Eve so we open some gifts that day before we all go to church. Throughout my childhood we had family gifts on Christmas Eve, then Santa gifts Christmas Day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM
My family well actually dh family comes over on Christmas Eve and we do the exchanging between us, the rest is Christmas Day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM

We do new pjs on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning the kiddos open their presents from us. After we go to my in-laws and do gifts with them and my BIL/SIL and nephews. This year after Christmas my sister and her family will be visiting from Florida, so we will do gifts with them as well.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve with my husband's family (like 40 of us) so their gifts get opened on Christmas Eve. Santa and gifts from us get opened on Christmas morning.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Generally Christmas morning, with dh and the boys. This year though, I'm working 11p-7a on Christmas eve and need to sleep before going over to my brother's. I know neither of my boys will be up at 7am..so I've been thinking about suggesting Christmas eve this year.

With regard to extended family whichever day we spend with them is the day we open gifts.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

i suck at surprises and give them stufff the second it touches my hands lol

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM
We were never allowed gifts before xmas as a kid. Dh and prefer to exchange gifts xmas eve, so for the kids (now that we have kids) i plan to let them open one present which will be their xmas jammies xmas eve and the rest xmas morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

We only open gifts Christmas morning.  One gift at a time and we watch everyone open their gift before we move on to next gift.

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

That is hard, but it is what I wanna do with DD. However, it was always open one small one on Christmas Eve, then the rest on Christmas morning. I will try not to let her do one on Xmas Eve because we don't get her much.

To the other posters, I like the idea of Christmas PJ's on christmas eve! I might keep an eye out and get her a pair soon! Thanks!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

We only open gifts Christmas morning.  One gift at a time and we watch everyone open their gift before we move on to next gift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)